Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: SSNL - December Goals ?

[ QUOTE ]
make money

[/ QUOTE ]

im on the same plan
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Play minimum of 26/22 VPIP and show good profit (working more on hand reading / aggression). Get the last 15k VPP needed for supernova. My november goal was to move down to $200 and work on my play in reraised pots. Nailed that goal seriously and feel like my play in reraised pots is very strong now, by $200 standards at least. Could use more work out of position though.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm holding off 2/4 till I have like $30k

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF

OK, when I moved to SSNL I decided I was going to stay at a certain level and put in a certain number of hands before moving up. After having a killer month at 1/2 HU in October I stuck with the plan, except that I found sitting fat and overrolled was boring me, and I wasn't putting in enough hands or playing well when I did. So I've started mixing in other stuff and taking shots at 20 buyins. I think you have to stay a little hungry, constantly challenge yourself, if you really want to get better. No reason to stay at a level you can beat soundly when you have enough to move up. And the thing is, even if your initial shots fail, they'll give you experience that will not only help you the next time around, but also make you better at your regular game.

Anyway, my goal for the month is 40k hands of cash. I didn't play enough in November, and I didn't play well the first half of the month. (And I wasted too much money on donkaments.) I'll be mostly playing 1/2 (I'm playing 6-max now as well as HU) and mix in some 2/4 when I'm ready and rolled, or if the game is especially good.

I'm trying not to have a specific monetary goal, but one keeps popping into my head. I do understand that it's just something to aim for, not a specific round number I should press to attain. If I play 40k hands and play well, the money will come.

[/ QUOTE ]

for me personally its more an issue of feeling comfortable with my game and the level I'm playing rather than being adequately rolled for the level. I've only been playing nl for 3 months, and I'm finally just feeling comfortable with my game at 200nl. my roll right now is at $20k, which is more than enough to play 400nl but I'd rather make sure my game is exactly where I want it at 200nl (I'm still uncomfortable in some spots). if that means grinding out for another month and another $10k at 200nl, I can deal with that. I know I'm cutting short some potential monetary gains at 400nl by not moving up immediately, but if it means not playing above my comfort zone then I feel its worth the wait.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 PM

Try playing some 2/4. You might find that in adjusting to a tougher game, you plug up some leaks in the smaller game without realizing it.

I think you have to play above your comfort zone every now and again. How else does your comfort zone get any bigger? Challenge yourself!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 PM

Do satisfactory on my first 3 finals (3 in 3 days... [censored] bah!) and ace my last one (13 days to study for it)

then play 20k hands in the remaining 11 days of december.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM

Had no November poker goals.
Non-poker goals didn't go too well, but couldn't be helped.

If I ever get off of life-tilt, I'd like to start playing some poker again.
Probably start over at NL$50 just to get acclimatized.

Need to get my personal life straightened out first.
Possibly maim/kill a few family members.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM

- 25k+ hands.

- make enough to pay off my loan.

- quit playing the MOMENT I know I'm off my game.

- Don't force it/ let the game come to me.

- Study/work on my game more than I have in recent months.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try playing some 2/4. You might find that in adjusting to a tougher game, you plug up some leaks in the smaller game without realizing it.

I think you have to play above your comfort zone every now and again. How else does your comfort zone get any bigger? Challenge yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I know!!! but adjusting to 200nl was a [censored] nightmare until I started table selecting. I would just get into ridiculous spots 3betting aggro regs and was constantly getting outplayed. its like I finally feel comfortable now, so why not grind it out for a while and bank some easy money? I feel almost like I deserve a break after the 2-3 week adjusting period to 200nl that really stressed me out. maybe I'll throw 1 table of 400nl into the mix, just for you nath.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Cashed out $10k a few days ago so only have $4.5kish online so do a little grinding for a couple weeks at 100NL and get back to 200NL and hopefully 400NL asap. Man, I'm soo lazy.