Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if Diablo II should have made the list, but Diablo I certainly should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

W/ Diablo 1 nothing distinguished the types of characters. The different skills each possessed in D2 was so much better, and the addition of 2 more classes w/ the expansion plus being able to equip your mercenary made it even more addicting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which was neat, but they lost the atmosphere that Diablo I had, which is what made the game in the first place.

I mean the Diablo combat sucks anyhow, so giving me 50 different ways to hack up a bunch of sprites wasn't nearly as important as keeping that suspenseful and dark setting.

I imagine it also depends on previous RPGs you've played, etc. I was playing Everquest heavily at the time so none of the class stuff seemed like a very big deal.

But to each his own sir.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

Jesus christ, Tetris #2? that game really wasn't very fun. I could play that on my F'ing TI-83 calculator. This list has been considerably bad. I mean I understand Tetris has "withstood the test of time" but so has computer solitaire.