Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Default weak tp getting cr on the flop

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $128.50
BB: $87.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $18</font>, Hero ??

I raised nearly every btn and cbettet every flop till now so my tableimage was kinda aggresiv and villians seems to start steaming a bit (atleast this was my feeling)

he cr my a few times before (not often) but he alraise raised only 3x my ammount not 4.5x times...

if i call here i pretty much commit myself unless i play c/f turn

what is your plan here? do you just muck it?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: weak tp getting cr on the flop

wow this spot sucks, id prob fold but i really dont know if thats correct vs an unkown
Old 11-18-2007, 04:34 PM

IF you call here you not committed at all...whats villains turn aggression like? If its low I call here and see if he slows down, which in most cases they do unless they have you beat as its gonna cost most of his stack for the next barrel
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM

the samplesize wasn't big anoth for me to say anythink significant abouth his turn-af

it's true that we not committed if we call the flop but only if we play cf turn or cb

it might be true that a decent amount of players would give up with a bluff after i called the flop but i think alot of steaming villians might as well just pot the turn and hope for the best?!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Without any info about a guy's turn aggression, I would call him on the flop. If you know that the guy is smart superaggressive, mucking is better and if a guy is a total maniac, calling him down is +EV. In your spot, I would call flop and fold turn unless a hit a king or a four.

Preflop is marginal, especially with your image, you might slow down a little bit and fold this preflop.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 PM

I think you are beat here more often than not. His range (IMO): K-better kicker, AA, set, 2P, JT and rarely AJ/AT (only because you have a feeling of him tilting). You are behind this range with no redraw. Bear in mind tilty opponents are capable of making suicidal multi-street bluffs and how are you going to respond with this hand. Also the fact that you had $128 and him $88 suggests he was mostly backing off to your aggression (just my wild guess) - I'd give him a credit for having a hand here and open my eyes wide to frequency of his flop c/r in the future.