Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Not sobern and at home, ooops!

[ QUOTE ]
Jägermeister

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you say Jägermeister!

Well one of my class mates in highschool had a very bad experience with Jägermeister.

We went to one of the girls (sheilas) 18 yr. birthday in the morning before school from there we went through the local mall and he convinced another school mate of mine to share one full bottle of Jägermeister with him. So far so good. Most had to get to school at 9 am, the rest of us had to get there at 10 am. So we drank what we could get at the mall. (Where I live the limit for bying alcohol is 16, nya-nya-nya). We decided later to skip biology from 10 am to 12 am, and first join school at about 12:30 am. (My mother is so *NOT* proud of me for this). I drank resonably repsonsible so that I could actually attend school. Well my mate decided it was prudent to share another bottle of Jägermeister with another mate of mine. Not a good idea. Suddenly during our religion class he had to move very quickly from the class room and to the lavatories.

He still is the only person I know of that has ever puked during a religion class. All due to Jägermeister.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/5th of a gal = ~26 shots (allowing for minimal overpour.)

[/ QUOTE ]

At least the answers are consistent.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Bona is using a pussy 1 oz shot. Shots are 1.5 oz.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bona is using a pussy 1 oz shot. Shots are 1.5 oz.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is just considering your shirts, less to be spilled [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM

33cl = 12 oz? And, "day" = 24 hours, or the time you woke up to the time you went to sleep?

Grandest confirmable total consumption for me is 100 light (ale, not Miller Lite) beers in about 7 hours, topped off by a pitcher of Guiness. I don't really count that, however, as though all of it made it to my stomach not all of it stayed there/made it past my stomach. That was the Day of 1,000 Beers in college.

I also had a number of Blow Pong competitions where I probably consumed > 40 cups of beer, but again a statistically significant portion of it found a new home after I enjoyed it, and the volume of a "cup" isn't necessarily consistent.

At the Tequila 500 (in honor of the Indy 500, we set up a track with 4 shots on it in the basement of my club...competitors had to scoot around the track with your stomach on a skateboard and take the shot without either using your hands or removing your stomach from the board), I made it through 3 rounds, losing in the semi-finals when I was disqualified for rolling off my board before I made it across the finish line. I retained all of that, along with a few beers to cleanse the palate while waiting for my next heat...the event took ~5 hours, I guess.

Then there were countless football/baseball/lacrosse/basketball game-day-Saturdays where we'd start with beers at breakfast, and spend the rest of the day drinking, plus the lacrosse tournaments, bachelor parties, Super Bowl weekends in Vegas/Laughlin, all those are easily worth > 20 beers but impossible to actually account for.

I'm a one-man alcohol industry PAC.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jägermeister

[/ QUOTE ]

How dare you say Jägermeister!

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when the Jagermeister fad started in the US...around the mid-90s. We called it the Man-Trap. I hate that [censored], it tastes like cough syrup.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:18 PM

The tequila 500 sounds like something I might even do this day of age, sounds extremely fun.

Oh and anything below 24 hours count, no worries about datelines or anything else. Anything that you consider a day while drinking is drinking during one day, so don't worry about midnight, as you will not do that while drinking.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:12 PM

all,

i had a dream last night that i visited chicago, and that as part of that trip i drove about an hour out of chicago to rural illinois to visit kerowo at his house. (yes, awake me knows kerowo lives in non-rural colorado.) i don't remember too much about the antics, except that he offered me Pineapple-Orange-Banana juice to drink and that some other 2+2ers were there and we had a home game. in this home game, kerowo was nitty about various things, and i kept calling him a nit, and everyone laughed at him.

he had a nice house though -- lots of wood and pictures on the walls. oh, did i mention that in my dream, kerowo was like 55 years old?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
33cl = 12 oz?

[/ QUOTE ]

33cl = 11.18oz
12 oz = 35.4cl

but who's counting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

i had a dream last night that i visited chicago, and that as part of that trip i drove about an hour out of chicago to rural illinois to visit kerowo at his house. (yes, awake me knows kerowo lives in non-rural colorado.) i don't remember too much about the antics, except that he offered me Pineapple-Orange-Banana juice to drink and that some other 2+2ers were there and we had a home game. in this home game, kerowo was nitty about various things, and i kept calling him a nit, and everyone laughed at him.

he had a nice house though -- lots of wood and pictures on the walls. oh, did i mention that in my dream, kerowo was like 55 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprising close except for the juice, local, age, and home decor.