21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, first out: I am fairly sure I never received any PM on 2p2, and as for AIM, I think i just removed you (I have loads of people on AIM) after I asked whether you wanted to continue after our first week, you said you were fine and that I should give someone else your spot not saying anything more than that, so I did and simply removed you from AIM a week after or so since we you were done, and I thought no more of that.

Secondly, whether you are one of the biggest winners at 2/4 or not is completely un-interesting to me, is this going to turn out into a pissing contest where you try to prove you are better at poker than I am? Then by all means, go ahead.

Also, you are really fuzzy about "it not working out for some reason", that just sounds sketchy, I'm fairly sure you have an idea of why you feel the way you do, please present your views.

Secondly, I am appalled by two posters PM:ing you about "the same experience" (which you seem to do your best at avoid explaining exactly what that is) with me that you had, that have not spoken to me about it and apparently are too afraid to present their views either to me (which they should) or at least come forward here.

I will say this: If one of these is the infamous True, then haha.

Obviously I never asked for any feedback, I assumed you were happy as it was since you never gave me any reason not to think so except that you only did one week with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

MDMA, I'm not the one trying to turn this into a pissing contest, you are. You're the one saying that it's my style that's flawed, not yours, are you saying that you are the perfect coach and that you can't improve?

All I did was give a response that I feel will be beneficial to some ssnl players and I stand by my original post. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about you not trying to help or not being available, and nowhere did I say anything about you sabotaging my game nor did I imply anything of the sort.

As for my views as to why it didn't work out: I don't know. That's why I said "for some reason" I never said I thought it was your fault, I never said it was my fault, there's a reason for that. You were the first and only coach I ever had, I told you that going in, I didn't really know what to expect and I simply felt that in my case it wasn't worth it and I expressed that in my post. I did not say I think you ripped me off or anything of the sort b/c I don't feel that way. I don't know what to tell you in terms of not talking to me afterwards, THAT is 100% your fault. That was not the only PM I sent you on 2p2 that you didn't respond to so I didn't think anything of it. Around the time of our sessions I PM'd you several times, none of which you responded to.

Both posters asked me not to name them, so I will not out either one of them. I don't know how you think we should go about voicing our displeasure when there is no way to contact you after our sessions. I know in my case if you wanted feedback you should have asked me b/c I was (am) unaware of the normal way to constructively criticize a coach after a session. I clearly did not rip you in my original post as I said I thought you tried to help my game and I thought you were always available during and around the time of our sessions, but like I said for some reason it just didn't work out. True was not one of the people.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"what's so good about bld? I mean what makes him any better than any of the top 10 online players in the world?"

uh, wtf. if he's like durr, aba, genius, cts, and jman, i'd give my left nut for him to coach me. WTF are you talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying hes not good, im saying whats so good in the sense of what seperates him from aba, durrr etc. since he seems to be talked about as if hes a god or something, for instance, what makes him worth so much more an hour than others. I dont expect specific player characteristics obviously but more history i guess.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM

apparently he had twice the winrate at 10/20 as anyone else. and no one would play him HU.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"what's so good about bld? I mean what makes him any better than any of the top 10 online players in the world?"

uh, wtf. if he's like durr, aba, genius, cts, and jman, i'd give my left nut for him to coach me. WTF are you talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

for $1600/hr he'll let you keep your left nut
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
apparently he had twice the winrate at 10/20 as anyone else. and no one would play him HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

does he no longer play? y didnt he play higher? so he was def considered party's best player - what about em2 or samo? and has bld played any other sites?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:37 PM

bld played stars at least. probably others, too. and he did play higher, but apparenrlt didnt want to play higher regularly for tax/variance reasons. anyways, enough hijack. get back to coaching. em2 sucks, wtf. and samo is good, doesnt coach, but discusses poker with some dudes.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Ok let me repeat this once more: I removed you from AIM in a week after we had our session since you simply said I should occupy your spot with somebody else, then I didn't hear from you in some days and didn't expect to either; thus I removed you from aim and I have not received any AIM-messages from since that date. I might have blocked you or something while removing you, I'm not that familiar with how aim works, but either way, I did not ever receive any AIM-messages, and as for the PMs, I have no recollection at ALL of those; I do not reply to all my PMs, but I read them all, and I have no recollection whatsoever of somebody (you) voicing any dissatisfaction after we finished our week. In fact, I do not recall any interaction between us at all ever since I removed you on AIM a few days after you said I should get somebody else to take your spot.

I've never asked anyone for feedback, and it's not comme-il-faut for me to do so at all, for me there has never been any "normal way to constructively criticize a coach after a session", I just expect my students to approach me if it's something they have to criticize or ask about, and those that do have done so. I never needed/wanted any feedback, I just except that as long as people dont tell me something is wrong, then nothing IS wrong.

Don't write "we should go about voicing our displeasure when there is no way to contact you after our sessions" when there is no we, except for those two apparent douchebags that are too much of chickens to stand up for their views and present them here in public or at least approach ME in private with them.

As for the pissing contest; no need to go any further with this, understand that I become angered when you said it took time to get back to your A-game again, that is insinuating that I somehow removed you from your A-game. No, I am not the perfect coach and I definitely improve/have room to improve, but yeah I can say with some confidence that I'm fairly sure that my style is not flawed, and that if yours is that much different from mine, then yes, I will say with full confidence that in comparison, your approach to poker is definitely flawed. However, that's that.

Now; you two guys that apparently PM:ed G_Dollaz...you should be ashamed of your behaviour. You do not have the courage to post your views in here; fine, but that you do not approach me in private and that you are explicitly stating that your names are not to be disclosed makes me feel sick.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM

What's the probability that G_dollaz is just making up that 2 guys pm'ed him? (this is not a comment against you dollaz, but I just think the way you worded/stated the situation, it just seems like you just made them up to back up your case.)

I mean if say that G_dollaz makes that post, and then MDMA replies the way he does, and I thought that MDMA was a bad coach, I'd just QFT your post or just shut up and not say anything at all but I doubt anyone would PM you saying I agree with your views. What purpose does that serve at all?

Also, please take this drama bombing into PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM

What's Krantz's coaching rate as of now? I know it used to be 200 before, but what is it now?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying hes not good, im saying whats so good in the sense of what seperates him from aba, durrr etc. since he seems to be talked about as if hes a god or something, for instance, what makes him worth so much more an hour than others. I dont expect specific player characteristics obviously but more history i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sets his own rate, and I assume its not worth his time to do it for less. As simple as that.