Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Default SB/BB Play

This question has probably been asked, but can't find any reference to it..

In the SB/BB position, how do you defend against a steal or against a maniac?

If you have to connected cards but not suited in eithe of the blinds and you get raised, wouldnt't you at least want to call and protect the blinds?

For ex: bb with 8 :spade:7 :heart: and some one raises before you... call? or just give it up? Seems like there's an awful lot of blind steal attempts at the games I play...

If I'm playing the best I can, even if I didn't respect the raiser, the correct play is to give up the hand...

On the other hand if there are a lot of callers before the raise, seems like calling the raise would be the correct play because of the size of the pot....

Thanks..

Looking forward to the replys....
Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: SB/BB Play

Id call vs a sb raise in the BB fold from other all spots and call when suited vs a CO or Button open, HJ could be a call suited also if u know the stealers tendencies... probably depends somewhat on blind and rake structure

not sure I can provide a link on comprehensive blind play but its in these forums somewhere... best of luck blind defense is one of the hardest parts of lhe (atleast it always was/ will be for me)

edit: to add call getting 5:1 in the BB with off suit connectors 54+, call pretty much all suited hands getting 5:1 HU call wider ranges vs later steals obviously
Old 11-17-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: SB/BB Play

You will definately want to read Winning In Tough Hold'em Games.