Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 AM

Default what to read for hu nl (not sng)

wasnt in the faqs. not interested in sngs. interested in online capped buyin hu nl. any books deal with this?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: what to read for hu nl (not sng)

Read your opponents - their book is the best.

Seriously, there isn't any book to deal with just HU play, as far as I know. You should read Theory and practice, TOP, anything about poker actually. I am not a big fan of books, you have to play and learn from your own mistakes.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Not really. A player with your pokerskills would kill 3-6NL and down without any NL experience, within couple of months 5-10 and up if you apply good game selection. Pls post me your nickname if you start on FTP 3-6/10-20, I'm already terrified to play you after years of reading your "I go 233757878678 bets on the turn with bottom pair" because I know my hand is good stuff. Stay away from me!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 AM

Im not the best to take advice from since Im not the best player out there but the only advice I found useful during my years of poker (and I only play HU) and I quote this from one of the best, by some considered the best, swedish online HU highstake player

"the only thing you need to think of during a hand is, why did he make that action and what does he not want me to do. And then you do exactly that"

I personally think a player can be good in theory and suck in real play. Some MSNL/HSNL players here who post some truly amazing stuff that I have a really hard time to follow is quite easy to outplay IRL in my experience. Experience and instinct can take a player far, obviously not to the biggest games but still way below small stakes
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"the only thing you need to think of during a hand is, why did he make that action and what does he not want me to do. And then you do exactly that"

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT!
Thinking along ^^^ the lines got me far.

@OP: CardRunners' videos? Couldn't think of better 'study material'.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Mike l: The Bruiser is working on a HU book. His handle here is fat girl lover. I am shocked that you would need to read any books. You are a master of Limit and you should know that all the NL books are trash.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM

As I heard, you are a super shark in limit. Limit hold'em can be learned by the book more than NL, that applies especially for HUNL. Of course you can't learn a lot, but certainly more. Looks like you have that book approach from limit. As I heard, limit is more of a science while NL is more of an art. Especially HU is truly an art and you can't learn it by the book. As Kex said, experience and insticts are important. Sometimes you don't why, but you just know what villain has. In limit, these insticts aren't so important because it is just one bet (or I might be wrong, you know better).

Just post here and I am sure that you will soon become a NLHU shark.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:28 PM

^ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 03:53 PM

I like this
Old 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM

Lol, posting in this forum will not make you a nlshark. IMO 90%+ of the strat posts are read and player dependent. Heads up is best learned by experience.