Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s Latest Cardplayer Article

I saw an interview a few years ago with Ted Turner and he told the interviewer there were three times in his life/career where he put it all on the line. CNN is the only example I remember but he said in that interview had CNN failed he would have been broke.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, unlike many of you, who are young, I've seen the lives of Johnny as they usually play out. I've seen the collateral (family and friends) damage. Consider ... Raymer, who had to hustle up stakehorses online. The WSOP is full of stories like that WITHOUT the happy endings. Just, borrowed money never paid back, or spent at a kid's expense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind being used as an example, but it is silly to do so when you have no idea what you're talking about. So, if you're going to do so again, please make sure you do so accurately.

BTW, your mistake is the word "had", instead of --chose-- to. Also, following it up with a suggestion that if I had not won in 2004 I would have ripped off my backers and spent money that should have gone towards my daughter is extremely offensive, and completely untrue.

So please don't make [censored] up to try and make your point.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 08-26-2007, 12:15 AM

lol....

damn dude, raymer just beat your head in....

hahaahhh
Old 08-26-2007, 12:18 AM

PWNAGE by Greg! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 AM

just curious how much of yourself did you have in your ME win?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:26 AM

He could have had 0% and still be set for life probably.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol....

damn dude, raymer just beat your head in....

hahaahhh

[/ QUOTE ]
Next time why not use Stu Ungar as the archetype of the sad degenerate poker player? I assume you thought he was "lucky" too. At least he can't pwn you in the forums for slandering him.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM

I don't mind being used as an example, but it is silly to do so when you have no idea what you're talking about. So, if you're going to do so again, please make sure you do so accurately.

BTW, your mistake is the word "had", instead of --chose-- to. Also, following it up with a suggestion that if I had not won in 2004 I would have ripped off my backers and spent money that should have gone towards my daughter is extremely offensive, and completely untrue.

So please don't make [censored] up to try and make your point.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I suggested you would have ripped off your investors, nor, from what I know of you, do I think you would have. There wouldn't have been anything to rip off, over time. You would have simply said, as almost all tourney horses end up saying, to their investors, "Sorry, I lost." Your children wouldn't have suffered anything worse than your absence, I'm sure. But, please, don't tell us you've had such a sheltered poker life that you're unaware of the degeneracy shown even by some of the better players, much less the worse?

And if you want to say "chose to" instead of "had to," go ahead. I don't borrow money or hustle up investors. But if I ever have to, I'm sure I'll also say I'm "choosing" to. It sounds so much better. I'll probably also get very defensive if anyone suggests that I didn't "choose" to seek investors, I "had" to.

You'll have fanboys who'll come on here now and say, essentially, "But he won the big one! So, like, he can't be wrong." And they'll really think your title means something. And you'll let them. And so, in fact, will I, now, because everyone capable of understanding why winning a tournament doesn't mean much of anything already understands why winning a tournament doesn't mean much of anything, and everyone who doesn't, at this point, won't get it upon one more re-explaining.

I organized my first post poorly, if it came across that I thought of you as a Johnny. You, in fact, are neither a Johnny nor a Larry. You're a Joe. An average Joe. You, and Moneymaker and Hachem and Gold and Yang, all average Joe poker players who won a poker lottery full of thousands of average Joe poker players. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not even an insult, unless you're such an egotist that you believe you were anything other than lucky.

And if we could set up the test (we can't) I'd be willing to bet none of you would be winners after a year of 40/80 limit or 10/20 NL at the Commerce. I'd be very happy to make that bet.

I wouldn't make that bet against a Johnny like DN, or a Larry such as myself. Only against a Joe.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 AM

what about moe and curly?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP This coming from the guy that runs around chasing girls that could be his daughter. You know the best way to gamble yet you run around chasing young chicks like a retard in a window licking contest. So we should trust your skills at gambling looking at how smart you are when it comes to chasing woman. LOL good one

[/ QUOTE ]

QFLOL

[/ QUOTE ]