FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins in a fight?
Grizzly Bear 149 69.95%
Liger 64 30.05%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: *** Official August - October Chatter Thread ***

what is the proper way to note parlays in personal records, like this week im 5-2 on picks but i won a 4 team parlay, and 3 of those parlay picks i also made as regular picks, so is this a 6-2 day because i made the parlay pick right, a 6-2 day cause i made my normal picks and 1 extra in the parlay, a 9-2 day, or what?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:39 AM

If you post it as "(percentage ROI)" or as "+(number) units". It would make things more clear, I'd say the correct post would be 6-2 sidenote of "+(number) units" and maybe even making note that a parlay was one of those picks. Since you probably wagered only 1 unit on the parlay (or less) and also chances are, if you lost that parlay your record today would have been posted as 5-3 not 5-6, right? Human nature...Anyway that my 2cents
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you post it as "(percentage ROI)" or as "+(number) units". It would make things more clear, I'd say the correct post would be 6-2 sidenote of "+(number) units" and maybe even making note that a parlay was one of those picks. Since you probably wagered only 1 unit on the parlay (or less) and also chances are, if you lost that parlay your record today would have been posted as 5-3 not 5-6, right? Human nature...Anyway that my 2cents

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've been keeping track in units and record, units is easy in this case, im just wondering what the consensus on so i dont have bad records. lets say i had 4 picks i didn't pick in my normal picks, how would i report that if i won that and how would i report that if i lost that, again assuming i went 5-2 on other picks
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 AM

I report parlay and moneyline records separate from ATS/OU/evenprop records

I always post units bet and units won
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Alright I see, I was under the impression the parlay picks were also part of your ML/Spread individuals but imo if it involved 4 plays which weren't part of you're 5-2 record then I see no reason not to post the record as 9-2 for the day. I mean technically they are all individual picks even if they are dependent on eachother as far as the money goes. Hopefully more people chime in to give you concensus but thats what I think...either way nice record [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright I see, I was under the impression the parlay picks were also part of your ML/Spread individuals but imo if it involved 4 plays which weren't part of you're 5-2 record then I see no reason not to post the record as 9-2 for the day. I mean technically they are all individual picks even if they are dependent on eachother as far as the money goes. Hopefully more people chime in to give you concensus but thats what I think...either way nice record [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
thx, im sure most of it was running hot tho, only my second week putting money down, so far in 8-5 and ~+11u
Old 10-29-2007, 01:09 AM

Ugh, Boston was ~-125 to win tonight's game, and yet Bodog had a prop up today where you could bet up to $500 at 6/5 on a boston sweep....
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Free $50 at bodog. Saw4 is easily going to clear $18 million. So, -1000 line is a gimmie. I think the true line would be somewhere around -4000 to -5000. I also hit the under $33.7m at -150 (now -180). There is much more competition this time around. Most early pundits have it at $27-$32 million.

God, I miss movie betting. It was my favorite thing to bet on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope people got on the over $18m as that was such a gimmie. It looks like saw IV will end somewhere around $32m. Bodog already paid the under $33.7m, which is a bit odd since final numbers haven't come out (although estimates have it easily under 33.7m).
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the tip Utah, I got on that Saw IV prop just in time. Dali, what plan of action do you have for your bookie? How far behind is he on his payout? He must be having a bad year with some of the shading that vegas is making against the sharp money this year. I'm interested to hear how your buddy is doing this season who has been losing to this guy perenially. Hope you get that resolved.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on this prop?

What team will Alex Rodriguez be playing for on Opening Day '08?
Any wagers placed after outcome becomes public knowledge will be graded as No Action. No refunds. No Parlays. Max $100

Boston Red Sox - 11/2
Chicago Cubs - 4/1
Detroit Tigers - 5/1
Los Angeles Angels - 3/1
Los Angeles Dodgers - 7/2
New York Mets - 8/1
New York Yankees - 5/1
Philadelphia Phillies - 9/1
San Francisco Giants - 10/1
Field (Any Other Team) - 5/2

Red Sox - no, have Lowell.
Cubs - no, unless Cuban gets the team which I don't see happening.
Dodgers - no
Tigers - maybe, just got Renteria at SS, but A Rod is too big to play SS now IMO. Have Inge at third, but they could get rid of him easily.
Mets - no money, already have David Wright
Yankees - no, they'll look like fools if they do
Phillies - no idea
Giants - have spent big money before. sold tons of tickets on bonds name alone, could do the same with a rod since he's projected to beat bonds record
Field - Braves have been dumping a lot of salary, but I don't think they'd really drop 35 mil for him. White Sox - maybe. Rest I don't think so.

i'm leaning towards bets on Tigers and Giants
Closed Thread