Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Wrap against a possible set

Hi everyone, that's my first post here, so excuse me if I do sth wrong... Here's a hand:

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.45</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 5 folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.1</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4.9</font>

What should I do now? I have no definite read on this guy, but my impression was "reasonably tight", and in this spot I'd say the chances are pretty big he had top set, and in this case my odds for winning the hand are somewhere around 40%, but of course he could've had other hands as well.

Any advice (preferrably with explanation) would be appreciated.

Thanks

cantdance
Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Wrap against a possible set

assuming 100BB stacks, I think I'd just shove and hope he's representing AA, not that he actually had it. With a better read you can call and fold the turn if it pairs/call otherwise.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Ooops, I didn't put the stacks. Actually we were both around 140BB. Thanks for a reply.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Call please.......even though your 88 might be live as it doenst seem likely for him to cr pot on that flop, thats almost silly unless youve seen him do this on dry boards before-- hes basically saying "ok either you have 55 or 66 or a set with a draw and im stacking you or else I win a small pot"-- most people wouldnot do that with AA here...at least I wouldnt check pot you-- call and reevaluate turn.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 AM

i really dont see villan doing this with AAxx unless you have history and you have been betting loads after he raises pre and you called with position

i think i would just stack off here - he could easily have a similar wrap to you whe way he is playing this, in which case your 88 is miles in front right now, and i believe you do have some (not much) fold equity against a lower set
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM

Bleh.......can people STOP stacking off in PLO on flops with like 55% to win? This doesn't necessarily apply to this hand in particular, but seriously people....that is not good plo
Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bleh.......can people STOP stacking off in PLO on flops with like 55% to win? This doesn't necessarily apply to this hand in particular, but seriously people....that is not good plo

[/ QUOTE ]

??????
Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
qft, wait til you have 95%+ equity before getting the money in.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, you're a low-stakes regular on either Stars or Full Tilt. Amirite?