Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Training site videos...Should they get your consent?

[ QUOTE ]
If this is on a site where you can data mine then this is pretty silly considering any hand you play is public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not all hands are public knowledge. Mucked hands are only known to players that ante up. IMO, mucked hands and timing patterns have the most value of any info available.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why all of you don't have Salazar on ignore is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]
They like controversy + feeling superior to someone. I post from my job on Wall St while writing press releases and building financial models. They post from mama's basement, playing micro stakes. I don't blame them. I'd hate myself too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want us to believe you have an awesome life, yet act in such a way that absolutely everybody on here thinks you're a retard, and somehow we're the losers? Okay.....
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Wow, i sure hope the sites dont come after 2+2 for basically doing exactly the same as the training sites.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM

With respect to your "heads up game is being exposed to regulars that I play against everyday," since they can't see your hole cards in the video, it is not much different than if I they sat there at your table and watched you play anyone. The commentary doesn't give tips on how to beat you, just about why Stox is doing what he is doing in specific situations, nothing about any leaks in your game that he can exploit. Comments about your play are stuff like:

I fear that the person I am playing against is a pretty solid player....
And he had A8 for a pair of 8s, and he played it pretty well also....

AS far as the results, you lose all of the big pots. You get stacked once, AA>QQ; lose trips>TPGK; lose backdoored flush>backdoored straight. Stox folds QQ in a 70BB pot with KKxxx on board when you make ps shove on river. He ends up winning $400 off you in 72 hands and admits to running pretty good.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why all of you don't have Salazar on ignore is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]
They like controversy + feeling superior to someone. I post from my job on Wall St while writing press releases and building financial models. They post from mama's basement, playing micro stakes. I don't blame them. I'd hate myself too.

[/ QUOTE ]

just fwiw some people that make more at poker than you do at your job think you're an idiot too.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 PM

it is an interesting point even though I know people's tendency is to slam questions like this.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just fwiw some people that make more at poker than you do at your job think you're an idiot too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Three people on this site know/have met me. So I doubt you have any knowledge.
If you think my post are idiotic, that's a v diff point. This is the internet and NVG. Making sensible points is generally a waste of time. Controversy sparks discussion here. As you can see, I've started some very popular threads here and in other forums.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:14 PM

here's why they don't and shouldn't get your consent..

say a CR pro or whoever starts playing in and filming a 6 max nlhe $2/$4 game on FTP..

anyone... absolutely anyone at all could open up the table and watch the players play. obv the guy playing sometimes gets to see what opponents had in HH's etc..

but the point is that all of the games are public. they're not private. anyone can observe them... so the guy filming the video isn't getting anything that anyone else could not.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM

exactly.
Anybody at any time can open up 30 tables on Stars, not sit at any of them, and watch or record.
And we do this all the time in strategy discussions on 2+2 where we give a HH with the various players' names and dissect a hand ad nauseum.

I think that it's already implied when you sign-up at the site that your table isn't in a private room or anything and that anyone can watch your game whenever they like and/or can follow you from table to table as much as they like.

If all these tables were 'private' in that only the players were able to see them and they allowed no observers then I guess OP's point might have merit.

Also, LOL at the idea of Stox or somebody playing 6-tables of 10 players each and trying to get permission of all 54 of his opponents.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM

I see a couple problems with Armen claiming a copyright interest in his play. The work is arguably not original because there is no creativity. The work is also not fixed. Football games are not copyrightable but broadcasts of football games are. I think the same logic applies here.

If you were famous, there might be a right of publicity issue bit I don't think you qualify.