Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 03:21 AM

Default NL25: KK pot brewing 200 BB deep vs. unknown(s)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $17.45
BB: $24.40
Hero (UTG): $50.15
UTG+1: $28.45
Villian: $53.25
MP2: $44.55
MP3: $24.75
CO: $33.80
BTN: $22.55

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian appears active looking through the instant hand histories but I've only been at this table 1 orbit so my PA HUD stats have not shown up yet and i'm 11 tabling so I haven't really been paying attention.. i'm against unknowns</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.00, <font color="red">Villian raises to $3.00</font>, 6 folds, Hero calls $2.00, UTG+1 calls $2.00

Flop: ($9.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Villian bets $13.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero:</font>

first off, what's your play pre-flop vs. 2 unknowns here? I hate to let UTG+1 see this flop cheaply with a low pair or something, but I am deep vs. villian who is also deep... keep the pot small pre-flop or re-raise and to what? if you re-raise pre, are you calling if villian shoves ai for 200 BB?

as played, what's your play on the flop? he overbet $13 in a $9 pot... it looks like he likes his hand... what are you putting him on here? do we want to check-raise ai for 188 BBs here?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: NL25: KK pot brewing 200 BB deep vs. unknown(s)

I always re-raise pre-flop here, i dont want to play Kings in a multiway pot. I'd re-raise to about $10.

As played on the flop it seems pretty clear he has JJ+. His overbet is quite interesting, he really wants to charge draws, i dont know if Aces would bet these much as aces has just picked up a straight draw aswell. If i had ace i wouldnt overbet the pot that much, i want people to call me in this spot.

Too me it looks like he has Q's or J's, probaly Q's, and is worried about the FD and over-cards so i'd re-raise all in. Since you didnt bet him pre-flop he'd probaly rule out Aces and Kings.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:58 AM

if u re-raise to 10 pre and villian shoves, are u calling his shove?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if u re-raise to 10 pre and villian shoves, are u calling his shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

in a heartbeat
Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 AM

1. I would RR preflop, if villian comes over the top then you will have a decision to make. But, at least you will have a better idea of where your at in the hand. Instead of waiting till the flop to make a decision about your hand. He could be trying to feel you out with a hand like ak,qq,jj, since you did raise utg.

2.Your in a tough spot, do you want to go broke here or not. Its gonna be hard not to with your hand and that flop. So you have to repop it here. Its possible he has an over pair to the board and he is betting trying to protect his hand. If that is the case then your kings are good. If he has aces then so be it, if he flopped a set, then you have only your self to blame.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Reraise preflop, something like to 9$.
On flop, go broke. just shove it.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I would RR preflop, if villian comes over the top then you will have a decision to make. But, at least you will have a better idea of where your at in the hand. Instead of waiting till the flop to make a decision about your hand. He could be trying to feel you out with a hand like ak,qq,jj, since you did raise utg.

2.Your in a tough spot, do you want to go broke here or not. Its gonna be hard not to with your hand and that flop. So you have to repop it here. Its possible he has an over pair to the board and he is betting trying to protect his hand. If that is the case then your kings are good. If he has aces then so be it, if he flopped a set, then you have only your self to blame.

[/ QUOTE ]