Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

preflop - fold
flop - check
turn - check
river - get all the monies in with the nuts
Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes are approximate due to my fuzzy memory, but they were somewhat close to this IIRC:

SB- 14,000
BB- 25,000
EP- 21,000
Me- 17,000
LP- 15,000

Board: 2h-7d-Jc-As

My hand: 4d5d

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine why your memory would be fuzzy. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 PM

anyone else think this thread is the product of a lost prop bet?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 PM

So you rivered the nuts and stacked the newb EP raiser who checked AA twice?
Beat: making everyone wait a full year to hear the conclusion of your thread
Brag: Somehow getting everyone's attention and then maintaining it for a ****ing year with the most ridiculously uninteresting hand ever
Variance: irrelevant because the time period/sample size negated its effect
Old 11-14-2006, 11:22 PM

Perfect turn card.

t1,450 and muck to resistance from EP. If he's gonna slowplay it, even better. If you get later callers, well, hell... Still gonna need the perfect river card.

Bombay gin in turquise cut glass.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More elements, more fun, certainly a hell of a lot juicier than the original one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Books and Hollows.

Cheers.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:38 AM

FortunaMaximus, thanks for finally getting us back on track to discussing the actual hand. Do others agree with him? I'd like to hear some more thoughts and generate some discussion and debate, and then I'll move on to the next step.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 AM

If my hand had any potential, then I could see betting the turn but the river can, at best, and then rarely, only (IIRC) bring us the ignorant end of a straight or fourth pair so I can't see anyone suggesting anything other than checking the turn. I don't think there's going to be any more discussion at this stage.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The turn is the ace non-diamond giving me an inside straight draw.

SB checks, continuing to show weakness. The BB thinks it over for a while. As he is thinking he takes a sip of his tea, and I know this is going go sound weird, but he suddenly throws up all over the floor. Luckily he missed the table and cards. I had not seen him throw up ever before, but I did see him burp heavily and kinda throw up in his mouth a little bit once, and on that hand he was slowplaying a monster. So its a bit tough to say exactly what info to take from the throw up. Anyway, he checks.

Now folded over to the initial raiser who almost insta-checks. He could possibly have just hit trip aces. He does slowplay a lot...but man thats a weird way to play them.

Well now for the second time this has been checked to me. I'm 90% sure that the SB has nothing and that the LP had nothing on the flop. Not sure about the other two. Now whats your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in this case, being 90% sure that the SB and LP had nothing on the flop, SB checks continuing to show weakness, and raiser checks almost instantly, I would put a bet of $800-$1,000 out and try to pick it up right here, but completely aware that a call or even a check raise might come...I can still get away from my hand if so.

The reason I'd bet is becuase being that the LP is the weakest player at table is most likely gonna just call (hit the ace and is too weak to know it's good enough for a raise or maybe now has nut str8 draw with paint) or raise, which makes it easy for me to get away from the hand!

SB....we're pretty sure he's gonna fold, if not and my read on him was WAY off, then I can fold easily to a check raise!

BB, he's not gonna slow play a monster here, if he check raises I'm out...but most likely his tells aren't that weak to where he throws up when he's holding monsters, so he probally folds or calls....bringing us back to the initial raiser.

Now this guy has either slow played his smaller pair than aces to where now he pretty much has to fold or he's actually holding AA or maybe JJ in which I'm pretty sure that if he slow played them on the flop, checked the turn with the set, he's gonna continue to slow play them and just call...giving me a cheap shot at the straight!

Even though checkin the turn might have got me a cheaper peek at the river being that the LP checked also, a 1/2 - 2/3 pot bet *might* get me the pot right now with 4 high! I realize that betting into this pot might cause me to lose chips pretty much with any calls on the turn, considering I don't hit my 3 on the river, this might be my last chance at the pot! I guess this is why I would have folded preflop with the 45s and not play with you people's emotions for 4 months tellin you about it! But what do I know though...this is my 1st post here!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to make a thread about nothing that lasted an entire year...