Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
i had a wheel with the nut flush draw. was hoping he'd push the turn light, and if not, i could encourage a loose call and make a PSB on the river. good? bad?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would bet more on the flop.

It's too bad the fish didn't call behind you, on the flop, to draw dead, but I definitely like a call here, with your hand, you want action for sure, from the callers.

The turn lead to induce a raise/let flush draws draw dead would be better if you had a little bit of history making similar blocking bets with draws, but I don't mind it.

I think I would check/raise the river, because I think he is very likely to have some sort of busted draw, when he just calls the turn, and I think he's agro enough to value bet two pair, if you check.

If you actually thoght he had a really strong hand (which I wouldn't really be able to guess) then the push is fine, but I wouldn't "insta" push.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I would check/raise the river, because I think he is very likely to have some sort of busted draw, when he just calls the turn, and I think he's agro enough to value bet two pair, if you check.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, river c/r would have been sick.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I'm not being results oriented when I say that, since it's pretty obvious that it would be a sick play, given your hand.

However, I really don't think I am, because I would have never been able to put you on a set, if josh had posted this from his perspective.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I'm not being results oriented when I say that, since it's pretty obvious that it would be a sick play, given your hand.

However, I really don't think I am, because I would have never been able to put you on a set, if josh had posted this from his perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

im bluffing diamonds/45/55 for sure. im def value betting two pair hands as well.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:25 PM

to clarify, i think my most likely holding given flop/turn action is by far diamonds.

river open push = not good vs diamonds.