Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: weaksauce vs retiredat30

I don't like the c/fold either. Even a nit will bet a mid pair here to find out if he's good. I like Triumph's reasoning, but don't agree villian's only betting here w/ QQ+.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cbloom - do you play NL600?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellz yeah, I have 200 hands at NL600, I'm a pro [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
(my main game is NL200 right now, I've just started taking shots at higher levels)

If OP had a nitty image I could see a check/fold here, but with OP being a LAG and the other guy being a donk-station, seems like "retired" is going to bet a lot of hands here.

Also, if OP just leads the flop and donk-station calls, "retired" will definitely let us know where we're at.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:11 PM

I think you have to c-bet for 150-200ish, and fold to a push. Your line really isn't bad, but I think given the flop check, he'll assume a LAG won't check many flops there with a hand like you have, so his range for betting goes up.

After your flop check, he does bet 99 and TT. Does he have them more often than QQ+, 888 and 666? I'm not sure.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 AM

Flop is a def bet to 200. If you see a turn I'm not betting again and will fold to any bet from him.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:58 AM

Meh. If you're going to c/f this flop, you shouldn't re-raise preflop. You're basically turning JJ into 72o. So you should decide preflop where you are in reference to his range and then play accordingly. If he has you crushed, or has you crushed if he calls your re-raise, then don't re-raise and try to hit a set and bust him. If you have been 3-betting liberally enough so that he is widening up his range, then 3-bet and go to war on a ragged flop (obviously you can fold if he shows aggression, but don't just c/f.)

Personally, OOP, deepish stacks, opponent who may play back at me, I would flat call here preflop, hope to hit a set and bust his ass.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:57 PM

i rr pf because retiredat30 folds aloooooot to reraises and im sure the donk will call.

as for the flop c/f, this is v opp specific. i really think that he aa/kk nearly every time here. i also dont think he will ever bluff this flop. meh, maybe he vbets tt, but i think im crushed most of the time.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:07 PM

I'd rather smooth call preflop and surprise him with your strength postflop than over-rep your hand preflop, bloat the pot, give him a chance to deny you spiking your set on the flop, and then have to c/f on the flop. I'd rather re-raise better or worse hands. Getting him to fold preflop is not such a coup here.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather smooth call preflop and surprise him with your strength postflop than over-rep your hand preflop, bloat the pot, give him a chance to deny you spiking your set on the flop, and then have to c/f on the flop. I'd rather re-raise better or worse hands. Getting him to fold preflop is not such a coup here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. OP - you need to consider just how frequently/light you've been 3-betting both the table AND retired and what the effect of this has had on him in the past and might have on him during this hand. Also... reraise more preflop.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:31 PM

jkrantz,

tbh, i do not think that retiredat30 is creative / willing enough to adjust his calling standards because im reraising alot. i think he's just going to go on his merry way and try to avoid me. remember, this is not icheckdark/viciouspenguin we are talking about here.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. If you're going to c/f this flop, you shouldn't re-raise preflop. You're basically turning JJ into 72o. So you should decide preflop where you are in reference to his range and then play accordingly. If he has you crushed, or has you crushed if he calls your re-raise, then don't re-raise and try to hit a set and bust him. If you have been 3-betting liberally enough so that he is widening up his range, then 3-bet and go to war on a ragged flop (obviously you can fold if he shows aggression, but don't just c/f.)

Personally, OOP, deepish stacks, opponent who may play back at me, I would flat call here preflop, hope to hit a set and bust his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
very very well said