No bet 0 0%
2/3-pot 12 31.58%
3/4-pot 22 57.89%
Full pot 3 7.89%
Something else... 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: sharkscope

i rekon the bulk of the pokerworld dont care about there stats being shown its just when people abuse people like "zomg u suck look at ur roi" "omg u suck your down 2k" etc etc
Old 09-04-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I look at it like this, If sharkscope is illegal pokerstars should file a suit against sharkscope and get it shutdown. But apparently since they are not doing that sharkscope is perfectly legal and fine, and they only way they can do something about it is through the players. As a player, if sharkscope is not being shutdown directly by pokerstars I should have the right to look at it. Plus as I said in another post, if someone doesn't want their stats posted they can simply have them blocked on sharkscope anyway. I think its a very bad move by pokerstars. Especially since they allow other sites to maintain operation such as thepokerdb because they comply to their stupid policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main point of this rule, as others have said, is to stop the lousy players from taking the fun out of the game for the terrible players.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Pokerstar player and moderate user of sharkscope
1) I've never had any problem playing in a SNG and using sharkscope at same time.
2) Not a subscriber so I'll save my 5 daily searches and use them when the table is down to a couple of people. Sure it doesn't show playing styles, but gives pretty good indication if the person is any good. If there ROI is high and they have a decent total profit (based on # games played and stake). I also look at the graph. If someone has a high ROI and a positive profit, they are probably making better decisions than a donk.

Compare KOSA28 and GUMMER2004. These two dudes are representing their respective countries in this years Pokerstars WCOP. Both have drastically different scopes and I would respect a raise from kosa28 more than gummer2004.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the main point of this rule, as others have said, is to stop the lousy players from taking the fun out of the game for the terrible players.

[/ QUOTE ]

So whats wrong with banning peoples chats? So since sharkscope isn't open its going to stop players from berating one another? Theres plenty of ways for players to get on one another with or without sharkscope. Seems like a dumb reason to shut it down. I also don't feel this is the reason it is being shut down however.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I look at it like this, If sharkscope is illegal pokerstars should file a suit against sharkscope and get it shutdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please take off your aluminum foil beanie and return to planet earth. Of course Sharkscope isn't illegal but that doesn't mean Pokerstars can't prevent you from using it. You ever hear of something called "terms and conditions of use"?

[ QUOTE ]
if someone doesn't want their stats posted they can simply have them blocked on sharkscope anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this has been true for well over a year now.

IMO the real reason Stars is opposed to sites like Sharkscope only incidently has to do with players berating losers in chat. Stars doesn't want the losers knwoing how much they are losing. Most losing players don't keep records and have an amazing capacity for fooling themselves about how much they're "winning" or "breaking even." Several of my "break even" coworkers are down a couple grand on Sharkscope. Sharkscope prevents losers from fooling themselves which is bad for Stars and bad for us.

(Other players might know they're losers and not care as long as their friends don't know about it.)
Old 09-05-2007, 03:09 PM

OK, as it's such an obvious question to ask I'm prepared for the abuse but why does Stars sell/allow it's data to be collated by these sites ? Surely it's their data ?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM

Did you read the thread or any of the links?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:14 PM

The sites collect it on their own. I'd guess they have a large network of computers and they write a program to automatically open each tournament lobby and scroll through the results list and save that info to a databse.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM

"Did you read the thread or any of the links? "

Nice one. You sort me out.

No, I read what I can be bothered to read, ask what I need to ask and smirk at people that feel the need to reply in such a way. Cheers.

And thanks for the above reply.