Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You believe the video?
No, Of Course not. 13 81.25%
Yes, I am clinically retarded. 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

[ QUOTE ]

I was at Gulfstream today and decided to count the number of hands. I was playing 2/4 limit, played for 2 hours, 15 minutes and was dealt exactly 36 hands. And that's even with dealers who don't have to count out their tray at every shift like at the other places. What slowed things down? These things happened at least once during that time: new players buying chips at the table when they sit, dealers chatting with players during the hand instead of keeping the action moving, dealing players into the hand when they're away from the table and waiting for them to sit back down to take their action, waiting for players to hang up their cell phone when the action is to them, one dealer granting a player's request for a rabbit hunt, one dealer continually losing track of the button movement and having to stop and figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Gulfstream has a couple weak dealers. However I play there a lot and there are some top notch dealers as well. A lot of them are still relatively fresh out of school. But on the whole, I'd still rather play there because of the beautiful room, cheap drinks and I can also bet simulcasting. Oh and I was there today. They started having a massage girl there. Awesome!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Seminole trip report

Hey warlock, you're talking about the hollywood hard rock, right? We were probably there at the same time.

I'm the dude with a fro and a beard. Oh wait, that's not gonna get us anywhere.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 AM

I will be in Tampa next week. The first time I have been there for many years. Me and my brother will find some 1/2 no limit and a couple of tourneys. Which place offers the best tourneys it looks like it might be Tampa Downs. Trying to avoid the Turbos and it looks like Florida is full of these. We will probably only be playing on Wednesday and Thursday and are going to the Def Leppard concert on Friday.
Thanks for any advice
Old 08-16-2007, 08:23 AM

The best tourney running right now on a consistant basis is the Sunday night $200 entry at Derby Lane.........it has a rake of under 9.0% and usually draws 25-60 entrants.

Also, Tampa Greyhound routinely runs a $45 RAKE FREE tourney at 1pm on most weekdays that draws about the same amount of entrants.

The SNG's out Tampa Downs are very good, but getting a game started at the higher levels is very sparartic.

-FH-
Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, Tampa Greyhound routinely runs a $45 RAKE FREE tourney at 1pm on most weekdays that draws about the same amount of entrants.

-FH-

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, combining this tourney with the 11-1 pm POCKET ACES promotion, provides great incentive to attend Tampa Greyhound during these hours.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 AM

make no mistake, all the action in the Tampa area should be at the Hard Rock, this place is only one that had any kind of poker over $2 for the last 4 years so higher limit folks are used to going there
Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 AM

At Pompano Yesterday they installed jackpot holes in all the tables, bad beat jackpots likely starting within a week or so, maybe other changes also. No timed rake coming, asked a few dealers they said no way. Going to Coco Mojo late night tonight will inquire about timed rake. Poker was a little tighter at Pompano yesterday at my table. Had about 5 regulars and 1-2 other guys I have not seen but seemed decent. Still always had at least 1-2 guys flashing their impressive roll of hundreds and showing off their amazing bluffing skills buy throwing in $90 into a $24 pot with a K high hand. Very easy poker for a patient player.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
make no mistake, all the action in the Tampa area should be at the Hard Rock, this place is only one that had any kind of poker over $2 for the last 4 years so higher limit folks are used to going there

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should "all the action" be there.........when they provide very little value to the player other than the numerous donkeys they have there on a regular basis?

I do however like their automatic shufflers, as one can get more hands in per hour than other venues in the area.

Also, I prefer the SPADE ROYAL jackpot over the traditional BAD BEAT jackpots.

Each and every place in Tampa has its own unique offerings......to each his/her own.

-FH-
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Default List of Interest for PLO at the Gulfstream

A handful of players put up a list of interest for PLO at the gulfstream. The house said they would deal it, but there were only 5 on the list all night.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

i'm going to be in florida this weekend. is ther a list (locations etc)of florida poker rooms somewhere??