Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: LAD and SD -fixed?

First of all, since a lot of us follow Crock and others here play big longshots, I'm sure a lot of us suffered the LAD, TB, Cleveland trifecta (I think you know the games I'm referring too). It happens. Of course we were also damn lucky to win the Colorado game (if you followed Crock), so its not like we get "cheated" all the time. And there has probably been as many lucky breaks as not, as there has to be when someone runs very well (or at least not a lot of bad luck). Believe me, that LAD game was HUGE for me, as I loved Kuo at 2-1 even before I saw Crock choose it. But as far as the manager, it wasn't quite as bad as it seemed. First runner: Infield hit. Second runner: error on Nomar. Third runner: Hit. Fourth runner: Infield hit. So that's three batters of four who reached on ground balls. While I didn't see the game and don't know how hard they were hit, you'd have to say that's a lot of bad luck.

After the Double by A Gon, you could definitely make a case for removing him. But once you had the bases loaded, he was the best bet, because at that point you HAD to have a strikeout.

Bottom line: Its really too bad Saito was unavailable, Broxton sucked, those ground ball hits and errors came, and Grady didn't take Broxton out, which may or may not have made a difference. But was the Houston game fixed because they stuck with Wheeler so long? [censored] happens, and while this one REALLY hurt (really, really), its -EV to make too big of a deal, and hopefully things will change tomorrow.

Of course, even having said that, it DOES suck. ;-)
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 AM

i think getting tony romowned was my worse beat yet.

but yea i was on this bet and tampa bay couple days ago when they blew up against the blue jays

i could understand tampa bay cause they have a horrible bull pen, but this one was a lil harder to swallow, but i doubt the game was fixed.

oh well
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM

If you want to talk fixed then let's talk about the White Sox/Yankees game.

Yankees up 4-3, two outs in the top of the 9th, bases loaded. White Sox bring in a guy whose player card says he's a middle reliever at best to get one out. Welp, sure enough, he gives up a grand slam.

Now that's fixed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 AM

Fixed? Watch the replay on FSN West and you'll see there's really no other explanation...

/David Blaine voice
Old 06-08-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob L, I appreciate your frustration but the game wasn't fixed. There is zero chance of that. It is one of the sickest loses I have ever experienced. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a sweet win for me. I had completely f'd up an arb on the game and I was bit exposed on the under 7 for a game I knew nothing about. I placed $1K one side of the arb and then went to hit the other side only to realize they had a $400 cap. I had the Dodgers plus 1.5 as well and they covered. So, it worked out well.

It was a crazy night for 9th innings. Colorado scores 3 in the bottom of the 9th (to f me). SF scores 1 in the top of the ninth (to double save me on the SF ML and the over 8). Tampa scores 2 in the top of the 9th to win. Philly scores 3 in the top of the ninth to win (to hose my under 8). Shilling no hitter broken up with 2 outs in 9th. KC scores 2 meaningless runs in top of 9th (to screw my under 9.5).

It was a fun night for baseball betting.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM

Of course I had TB the other day as well -but I felt alot better about the fact they put in many diff pitchers and at least it seemed they gave it a shot to keep the lead and win it.The difference last night is they kept Broxton in the whole time when he really showed no signs that he was even close to where they expect him to pitch.I felt cheated becuase it didn't look like the manager really cared or wanted to win.If I was Kuo I'd be pissed.If it was a playoff game ,Im sure they would have replaced broxton and others at least 3-4 times if needed.
I guess I really dont think it was fixed -but just frustrated that the manager didnt seem to care and I lost a whack of dough.But this one felt diff than the TB game the other night -money wise it wasnt but I felt TB gave it their best shot to win but just didnt have the bullpen.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is one of the sickest loses I have ever experienced. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked away (sick to my stomach) from my computer after being on tilt last night. After awakening the computer out of sleep mode this AM, this was starring me square in the face. I was hoping it was just a bad dream - evidently not...back to the bathroom...

Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Why are you guys letting TB off the hook? Al Reyes has been lights out and he watched the whole 9th inning from the bullpen.

I want my money back. (j/k, but not really)
Old 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you guys letting TB off the hook? Al Reyes has been lights out and he watched the whole 9th inning from the bullpen.

I want my money back. (j/k, but not really)

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst beat was Pac-10 a few years ago in CFB, getting 12.5 pts, game goes into OT, Fave scores, then intercepts and runs it back for 13-pt cover. I think I vomited.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:44 PM

I suspect one player in the past year

Leggett--WR of Miami-- in the 3rd qtr v G Tech IIRC
I don't think there was anyway he didn't throw the game