Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, EAST.

4.5 would be much much more interesting. 5.5 is a big ol' softball imo.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, they are in the same league as the Mavs, Spurs, and Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

Doc Rivers coaches the Celtics!

this made my morning, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 AM

I will take broke-guy-stakes bets on the Hawks finishing better than 12.5th in the East.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:28 AM

is the general consensus really that KG propels the Celtics from worst to best in just one season? I don't follow basketball too deeply but it's just doesn't seem realistic (I guess they added Ray Allen, but...)
Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM

1. Bulls
2. Wizards
3. Cavaliers
4. Pistons
5. Raptors
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Nets
9. Magic
10. Bobcats
11. Hawks
12. 76ers
13. Knicks
14. Bucks
15. Pacers
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really good comments Billy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, sir!

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't really overlook Hedo - they're playing him currently at the 4, with Rashard at the 3, I think. I don't know, looks like the team is a mess with scarcity of quality players. They're going to count on Jameer to do more then he can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe they'd start Hedo at PF! He's a SG/SF. I was thinking it'd be Nelson/Turkoglu/Lewis/Howard/Foyle or Nelson/Turkoglu/Ariza/Lewis/Howard or Nelson/Dooling/Turkoglu/Lewis/Howard. Either way, yes, some truly awful players will get playing time for this team (Dooling, Bogans, Redick, and Foyle).

[ QUOTE ]

you're absolutely right, but here's the thing. They have dwayne wade. The heat are basically the poor man's cavs; LBJ is dominant, Wade is close. Shaq's value is basically close to that of Z. (A little better but misses a ton of games) Jason Williams is better then Snow, but Hughes is better then Antoine. (I guess he's a starter, eh???) As bad as the cast is, when you have a truly great player, you get into the post season, so unless Wade misses games too, they are a favorite to atleast make a token appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garnett the last couple of years, Bryant the year after the Shaq trade, McGrady losing 21 games in a row. When your team is "that bad" there's not much you can do. If this team stays healthy they're probably a #6 seed but fat chance of that.

[ QUOTE ]

Varejao is obviously VERY important, but I disagree about Sasha; I think he is a nice player, and I'm kinda surprised they havent come to terms yet. Def. a solid rotation player... Really don't follow you on the 1-2-3 part. Who is supposed to be 2 and 3? "Boobie" ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant best PG/SG/SF tandem.

[ QUOTE ]
I see it as Spurs/Mavs/Suns likely have a combined ~60 to ~75% chance of claiming a title. Of the remaining ~40 to 25% chance, the Celtics have a ~10 to ~20% slice, making them nearly equals. No other team has nearly the equity of those 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from but I think these odds are way off. I think Chicago has a slightly better chance of winning a title than Boston does and Boston isn't far ahead of Cleveland. Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, and Utah all have about equal chances.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM

Bobbo,
If Pacers traded JONeal for 25c on the dollar they would at least get a white guy or a homegrown product back.

I don't think Acie Law solves hawks PG problems he is a shoot first pg who's assists got really over inflated because of Texas A&M scorekeeper. I think he will be like a Jamal Crawford.

I don't think Barnagi will regress he didn't have that great a rookie year and improved as the year went on. That being said I don't think he will develop into the number two option we need.

Is Kristic going to be back for the Nets?

Honestly I don't think there is much of a difference between the Bobcats,Magic,Heat and Raptors.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8th. Raptors - Sorry Toronto fans, a ton of you here. This team over achieved last year, and did have a nice run. They're one of those teams (Mavs, Bulls being the other notables along this path) that are a better seasonal team then post season. They are deep too. Anycase, Bosh will have a great season (whoa ha, what a bold prediction!) whereas Bargnani will regress. (Call is sophomore slump, whatever) I love Anthony Parker, GO TEL AVIV! Raptors will obviously have a winning season, but will fall off from their 47 win season.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious that any improvement will come from the natural improvement of its core players. However, I'm a little worried about the fact this is the second straight preseason Bosh has missed time due to different injuries.

As for Bargnani, I think the fact he has no conscious will make it less likely for him to suffer from any sophomore regession.

That said, I have no reason not to expect 50 wins. Bosh and Bargnani missed significant time last year, while Ford also missed several games. I don't think expecting 3 more wins crazy.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Kristic going to be back for the Nets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

tdarko,

you might just be baiting, but I'll bite. gambool on a 5.5 o/u line for the Celtics? Because unless everyone's ankles fall off I don't see them not winning the Atlantic, which you seemingly have the Raptors doing.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM

East:

Most wins = Bulls
Representing East in Finals = Celtics

Not sure what we are evaluating here, but I can't see any teams besides these two really competing for it.