Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:28 PM

Default help me gain weight OOT

I'm 6'1", ~150 lbs, 22 yrs old. I see a lot of people successfully lose weight on here, and I want some advice on doing the opposite. I'd like to gain ~25 lbs in 4 months. I dont wanna eat Big macs everyday though. I eat pretty healthy, work out regularly, and cant seem to gain a pound. I've tried whey, creotine...all that [censored]. Do I need to eat a ton of carbs? Anything besides pasta? I'm open to ideas.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: help me gain weight OOT

Repost this in the Health and Fitness forum and you'll get better answers. If your workout consists of all cardio, you should try strength training instead.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:07 PM

how much is a few sessions with a personal trainer where you are?

its not that tough, even for hardgainers, if you do the work
Old 11-25-2007, 10:38 AM

eat a lot. Eating pretty clean means youll have to eat that much more to get the calories.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:08 AM

Heres the deal man, you just need to eat the right things at the right times. As long as you can make time (1 hour 3x a week at minimum) for the gym, and eat BIG you will grow. Shoot me a pm if u want and ill help you out with your diet
Old 11-25-2007, 03:53 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...p;postcount=34

go here and this gives you a good idea of what you should be eating to gain weight. it is what i have been using and i have gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...p;postcount=34

go here and this gives you a good idea of what you should be eating to gain weight. it is what i have been using and i have gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a small pantry of food. I'd sub in more fats and protein moving to a more Zone type diet and try drinking more calories if having trouble with getting the cals in.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a small pantry of food. I'd sub in more fats and protein moving to a more Zone type diet and try drinking more calories if having trouble with getting the cals in.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that is what i thought when i first looked at it. that is for about 4000cals a day i eat about 3000-3500 a day. i also have been drinking a lot of protein and this outline does call for a lot of fats from milk, cheese, and olive oil. so what where you thinking to add Thremp?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that is what i thought when i first looked at it. that is for about 4000cals a day i eat about 3000-3500 a day. i also have been drinking a lot of protein and this outline does call for a lot of fats from milk, cheese, and olive oil. so what where you thinking to add Thremp?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like the huge thing of brown rice and 4 ounces of steak? WTF is that? Not to mention .75 cups of brown rice is like a huge amount of rice. IIRC thats something like ~2.3 cups of cooked rice v a deck of cards of meat. Barf.

Give that bitch like 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1 pound flesh of dead animal, random vegetable and a beer.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:10 PM

yeah I'm not a big fan of rice in general i have been eating some fish, chicken, or steak with a potato and some mixed greens or a salad. no beer though i save my beer intake for the weekends with friends. I'm usually drinking water, milk, or diet soda.