Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

All,

This statement and what I was told is actually happening behind the scenes differs in several important respects.

Since I'm sincerely not interested in doing any more work on AP's behalf, however, what I'm going to do today is go play tournaments (which is, like, how I make money) and stop caring about what they did or didn't say.

I expect several thousand replies by the time I get back.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:28 PM

you've gotta be p'd Serge. Ready to let it rip yet?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">This statement says nothing </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

also no statement on the fact that they shut down their own forum, and that they ignore this on their own website, nice.

THIS IS NOW A PR WAR.

AP WILL NEVER GIVE US ANYTHING.

ITS TIME TO TAKE WHAT WE KNOW TO THE PRESS AND EXPOSE AP AS THE LIARS AND CHEATS THEY ARE.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what is new here, except that Joe Norton acknowledges 100% ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they've admitted there are more accounts involved than we thought:
"We have recently uncovered additional accounts used by the consultant that have not been publicly reported. So as to not compromise the investigation, we are not releasing the names of these additional accounts at this time, and will contact these affected customers individually."
Old 10-21-2007, 01:29 PM

ground level

[ QUOTE ]
We immediately launched an internal investigation and also requested a formal audit by Gaming Associates, an acknowledged world-wide expert in audits, interactive gaming tests, and information security.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what is new here, except that Joe Norton acknowledges 100% ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is misleading. Tokwiro owns Absolute Poker the website. The money goes to Absolute Entertainment which along with Ultimate Bet is owned by Blast Off Ltd in Malta.

Follow the money:
http://www.ultimatebet.com/banking/d...hod/bank-wire/

[ QUOTE ]
also no statement on the fact that they shut down their own forum, and that they ignore this on their own website, nice.

[/ QUOTE ]
They did not shut it down. They did change some things around that makes it harder to use, though.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:30 PM

Listen, I used to work in investigations for the biggest stock exchange in the world, and when we caught insiders acting improperly, we didn't *only* suspend them (or in some cases bar them from the industry for life.) We followed up with law enforcement as appropriate to make sure that not only did they lose their privilege to act as brokers, but when their actions were criminal, they faced the full weight of our judicial system. That's what you need to do here. Don't tell us there wasn't criminal activity here, be it reckless or merely negligent. I don't care whether you want to look at American, Costa Rican, or Panamanian laws -- they were broken. Get the criminal justice system involved here (although I suspect that the length of time it took to release your "official" statement is due to your lawyers painstakingly ensuring that no part of it admits to anything actually *criminal* or otherwise actionable.) I personally worked on the cases of quite a few brokers who were out-and-out crooks, basically pocketing monies that were given to them by clients to invest for them or needlessly churning to create excessive commissions -- this analogy really isn't all that that inapplicable to Scott Tom's alleged power trip. And the punishments weren't merely administrative, they were *criminal*. Show us how serious you *really* are about this by getting law enforcement involved. Or are you worried that such action would require a level of discovery that you're worried would uncover something you hoped would stay hidden?
Closed Thread