Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Foxwoods WPT World Poker Finals-Looking To Share Room?

Played the $600 O8 tourney. Mizrachi wound up at my table and busted, didn't appear too interested in the game. Paul Darden showed up short-stacked after that.

Also saw Men "The Master"

Some guy on my right, name was Jon Hoang or something along those lines, he knew Mizrachi and Mizrachi knew him. He had a WPO Tunica bracelet from 2005 and I caught him playing 100-200 O8 later on.

Anyway, he was playing pretty awful cards, but hitting hands (or getting paid off when he did have a real hand)

Blinds are 100-200 with betting at 200-400. I'm down to a stinking 1500 chips. He limps UTG with 2/3/5/9 at a full table.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise.

Another guy with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] three-bets and this Jon character calls the two raises (even as he sees me readying to cap the betting)

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and get the last of my money in. Turn a 3, river a Jack and he sends myself and the other guy packing. F'ing ugh man.

I'll do up a full trip report later, just got back. The cash games are unbelievably juicy, I can't believe how good the mixed games are, so many hold em monkeys with no clue how to play anything else. Friggin' gold mine.

Problem was I had the wife along for the trip, which unfortunately limited my ability to spend 18 hours in the poker room raping the other players of their chips.

Just got back this morning, dead tired and hitting the sack soon. Looking to head-up sometime midweek next week and play more cash games. If anyone already has a room booked and wants to split costs for a night or two, PM me with details.

I'm a non-smoker and very light drinker. Bit talkative, but I'm small and don't take up a lot of space. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods WPT World Poker Finals-Looking To Share Room?

Jon is sort of crazy, he refuses to limp into pots at 10/25, so his raising ranged from $50-250 and any two cards, it was fun being on his left
Old 11-03-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods WPT World Poker Finals-Looking To Share Room?

[ QUOTE ]
Jon is sort of crazy, he refuses to limp into pots at 10/25, so his raising ranged from $50-250 and any two cards, it was fun being on his left

[/ QUOTE ]

He seemed like a nice enough guy, was friendly and we chatted a bit. I just still couldn't believe he's limp calling three-bets with that from UTG, but he wound up taking 10th in the tourney, and plays tournies frequently, so what do I know? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Mizrachi and Men were friendly, but Darden seemed a bit withdrawn. Met a number of 2+2ers as well and they were all cool people.