Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: alcohol forum gone?

Mat,

I think the food and drink forum would get a ton of traffic; I know I would check it almost every day for specific recipes and contribute to it daily. I'd say the chance for success is the highest for a food forum out of any of the new ones that have been added.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 PM

nation,

"I'd say the chance for success is the highest for a food forum out of any of the new ones that have been added."

That is quite possibly true. However, I pretty much have zero interest for a new forum that encourages and considers "OMFG I AM SO WASTED" threads as good threads. In fact, I'm not sure what Mason has in mind for the continuing direction of 2+2 is a place where a bunch of underage kids talk about "WHOA THURSDAY NIGHT AND I AM SOOOOOOOOO DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!" I mention this because this stuff was mentioned in another thread as one of the things the Alcohol forum folks enjoyed the most. LoL seems like a great home for those threads.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:19 PM

Food and Drink forum - YES!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:23 PM

El D,

I completely agree, and was unaware the "drink" portion of the forum would allow "OMG IM DRNKNK" threads. I don't think those topics are really in line with what the forum should shoot for.

A food/drink forum that I would support would be one that encouraged discussions of foods and different ways to prepare them. Drinks would also be fine obviously, but if I were a mod, I wouldn't allow the drunk threads as they really add no content aside from what they were drinking. These threads are stupid.

So, Mat should add the forum, and hopefully put mods in charge that wouldn't let it become another LoL.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 PM

For the record, the hosting of "I'm sooo wasted" threads was intended to just be a quirky gimmick that would get a smile from people reading the forum description in a forum that was supposed to last only a week or two. Also, it was to draw such posts away from OOT or other forums. Anyone who read the forum would pretty quickly see that it was not just about drunken posts, but primarily continuing discussion about what was good to drink.

Don't consider this an endorsement for the creation of the new forum. Not only does Mat not want the greens speaking on the subject, I'm honestly on the fence at this point. I just want what is best for the board.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I request the OFFICIAL moderators refrain from posting in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon, Wookie, control yourself.

Anyways, I just think it's really not worth having...who really wants to wade through those threads aside from the guy who made the drunk thread or other drunk people? They're really dumb IMO. I wouldn't want them in a food/drink forum.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 AM

nation,

I don't remember which thread (either here or in Alcohol forum I believe), but there was one where someone said "couldn't this all go in either OOT or TLDR" and someone (I thought it was Wookie, but could be mistaken) said that one of the the things the participants in the forum enjoyed most was the "OMFG IM SO DRUNK" threads. I found that amusing, since those threads are the main reason I didn't bother with that forum. Anyway, I've already written above the main reasons why I don't think this forum is necessary, this was just an add'l tangent.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:14 AM

Splitting off OOT AGAIN: NO PLEASE. Particularly not for this topic. As El D points out, the threads mentioned got way more views and input than they would marginalized in a forum of small, albeit dedicated posters.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:17 AM

Tug (tuq?),

I think a food forum serves ALL forum members as opposed to how individualized some of the forums are. Everyone loves to eat, and I suspect the forum will be a resounding success. The alcohol forum was successful even without the drunk threads, although I didn't enjoy them or support them.

-nation
Old 07-19-2006, 12:28 AM

El D,

Would you be for a food/drink forum that didn't allow the "I'm drunk" threads but focused on different ways to prepare foods? It would be a forum were people could post how they cooked food or where they could ask for ways to cook food. It could include discussions on restaurants of all types and different styles of cooking. It wouldn't be a place where only people who were big into cooking; people who don't even cook that much could learn a lot and it would help them in every day.

Also, for everyone else: