Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spread a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/g...112907_big.gif

The above is the map of the Wisconsin area getting the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to post this link. This is all a big pissing match between NFL & cable operators. These battles are waged everyday in corporate America and often it's the people who feel the backlash.

That said, I have no sympathy for anyone crying about not getting the game. Why?

1. You've known this was a potential big game for at least 4 weeks now.
2. You've known if the NFL Network is carried by your cable outlet since start of NFL Season (over 3 months ago).
3. Local bars will carry the game
4. Friends/family might have the dish and carry the game
5. Possibly radio will carry the game (not the same)

Cliff notes: This isn't new news and you've had plenty of time to make arrangements. If you haven't, it's your fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes: people might prefer watching the game at home. have you seen how ridiculously large the game threads get for a game like this?

It's still worth complaining about.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I dont get why I am paying for a package that has NFL network listed but when I call comcast they tell me nfl network isnt available in my area...dude...its on your list of channels that i am paying for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Comcast apparently approaches you with the same kinda specific rules that 2p2 does. Do you have a personal moderator over there as well?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

If so, it seems that theyre just as incompetent.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 PM

yet again, I don't get to see the game even though I freaking have NFL Network. On my cable system they show some alternative NFL Network programming or something ridiculous.
I paid for the extra channels on the digital package, saw that NFL was among the channels I was paying for, so naturally I assumed I was getting the games.
Pretty ridiculous that I don't.

Off to other internet sites to watch the live stream of the game instead.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 PM

I think every cable subscriber could pick between nfl network and espn. I would take nfl network even in the offseason and give up the monday night games.

BTW my understanding is that nfln isn't asking near what cable pays for espn.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 PM

My Mom informs me that it is the first time since 1961 or something ridiculous that the Packers game has NOT been on TV in Madison.
To not consider Madison as part of the Packers market is really ridiculous.

GB and MIL get the game broadcast locally but a good deal of the state is suffering.
I know you can watch it in a bar...but if my 63 year old Mom was in Wisconsin right now she would not be the type to go to a bar to try to watch the game and I'm guessing the same can be said for many of my aunts and uncles up there.
Just terrible that they pretty much have to listen to the game on the radio.

My Mom is able to watch different live-updates of the game on NFLlive.com or something.
The sites that I normally get streams on seem to be down. Wonder if they got overloaded or if NFL somehow got to them to yank down the streams or something.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Mom informs me that it is the first time since 1961 or something ridiculous that the Packers game has NOT been on TV in Madison.
To not consider Madison as part of the Packers market is really ridiculous.

GB and MIL get the game broadcast locally but a good deal of the state is suffering.
I know you can watch it in a bar...but if my 63 year old Mom was in Wisconsin right now she would not be the type to go to a bar to try to watch the game and I'm guessing the same can be said for many of my aunts and uncles up there.
Just terrible that they pretty much have to listen to the game on the radio.

My Mom is able to watch different live-updates of the game on NFLlive.com or something.
The sites that I normally get streams on seem to be down. Wonder if they got overloaded or if NFL somehow got to them to yank down the streams or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, we should villify the NFL for getting illegal feeds taken down.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Are you retarded? I never even thought of villifying them for that. Totally expected although I'm surprised they were able to pull it off like that IF indeed that is what happened.

But they should certainly be villified for being unwilling to compromise on the broadcast.
FOX was trying to strike a last-second deal to air this game that a lot of people are interested in watching but the damn NFL is too concerned with making sure a large percentage of the country doesn't get to see it in hopes that more cable-companies will be inclined to pay the high fees to carry the full network.

The NFL should also be villified for failing to show the game to a large percentage of the country and even a large percentage of the state of Wisconsin.
It's really pathetic what they are doing.

I also have an issue with how they get their name and product on cable-systems such as mine to make a viewer like me think they are going to watch the games. I have the freaking NFL Network on RIGHT NOW but it's not the game. It's something different because all their games are blacked out on my carrier.

FWIW - I don't think the NFL is the only place that is being stupid by hiding their product from the public in hopes they will want to pay more for it.
I would love to be able to get the ESPN360 games that they advertise endlessly but it's only available to select few cable carriers.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarded? I never even thought of villifying them for that. Totally expected although I'm surprised they were able to pull it off like that IF indeed that is what happened.

But they should certainly be villified for being unwilling to compromise on the broadcast.
FOX was trying to strike a last-second deal to air this game that a lot of people are interested in watching but the damn NFL is too concerned with making sure a large percentage of the country doesn't get to see it in hopes that more cable-companies will be inclined to pay the high fees to carry the full network.

The NFL should also be villified for failing to show the game to a large percentage of the country and even a large percentage of the state of Wisconsin.
It's really pathetic what they are doing.

I also have an issue with how they get their name and product on cable-systems such as mine to make a viewer like me think they are going to watch the games. I have the freaking NFL Network on RIGHT NOW but it's not the game. It's something different because all their games are blacked out on my carrier.

FWIW - I don't think the NFL is the only place that is being stupid by hiding their product from the public in hopes they will want to pay more for it.
I would love to be able to get the ESPN360 games that they advertise endlessly but it's only available to select few cable carriers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree that your situation is jacked. Having a package where you get the channel but not the games is lame. As far as the rest of it.. shrug.. I think they should do what they can to sell their product. NFL is not like the NHL where they have to spread the game as much as they can. I am ignorant to the exact demographics of Wisconsin, but I suspect that no matter how they did the cut-off their would be complaints.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you are saying is that you get Fox Sports AZ for all but 3 hours a week and some other guy gets NFLN for all but 3 hours a week? And it's not the same??

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not the same. I don't get Fox Sports AZ for Suns games because I choose not to pay extra to get it.

Some other people get NFL Network all but 3 hours a week, but not because of their choice. Their cable provider is in a pissing match with the NFL. People with that particular cable provider can't get the games, even if they were willing to spend extra to get it.

(It should be noted that this situation is rare. For most cable providers, you either get all of NFL Network of none of it. At least one provider (Wow!) is showing NFL Network all week except the game.) Source