Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Checkraised on turn by TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
basically his range is Qx a vast majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's he calling the flop with Qx?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the flop is 633

edit to say you can't just defend your blind and then c/f every time you miss, and if you're going to peel a flop, this one is as any when it comes to having almost no chance of hitting you. Plus his IO are pretty good if he sees you has the SD monkey type.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 AM

I am not sure that I agree with a 3-bet. We're basically attacking semi-bluffs and pair + flush draws. Weaker queens should get the point (they have very few outs and need to go away), as should any other hand besides trips, boats, or flush draws. By 3-betting, we seem to be counting on some pretty bad play from villain.

So what's the plan if we get capped? A fold seems almost mandatory. What is the plan if we take the call turn/raise river line? I assume we have to abort if a flush card hits, and simply call. Once again, I think we have to seriously consider a fold on the river if villain 3-bets when the flush card doesn't fall.

So... to those of you who want to put extra bets in, how do you plan to follow up?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 AM

who knows man?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:28 PM

People who are 25/18 are often pretty tight on the BB.

I doubt they're calling anything with a 3 in it, with the exception of A3s. This is 2 combinations. 66 has 6 combinations.

QT,QJ,Q9,KQ has 32 combinations.

Now realize that this is a scare card that can be bluffed on with a FD. There is 2 flush draws on board.

Therefore, 3-bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:30 PM

Sometimes 3-bet, sometimes call and raise/fold river. I'd lean towards 3-betting here because the board is pretty draw heavy and I think this line is a drawing hand or a worse Q very often here.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM

OP,

What's your image? I 3-bet but I'm a loco essay.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a TAG. 25/18/3.1 over 891 hands.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

I folded the turn, but now I'm wondering about my play. Haha, no, but seriously, calldown or 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

noway I am folding this turn. I am thinking about 3-betting because he's probably pushing spades or a worse Q(neither of which he's folding).
Old 11-06-2006, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your image?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 891 hands all came at 2/4. I moved up a couple weeks ago, and this is the first time I've seen this guy at 3/6, so maybe he was taking a shot. I don't think I had much of an image at that table. Maybe that I was getting to showdown and winning. I'm sure he's noticed that I steal more than other TAGs (my attsteal was ~40 at 2/4), but that doesn't matter much on this hand.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM

Call down.

If he's semi-bluffing you'll make an extra bet when he foolishly bluffs the river. If he has you beat you lose more when he caps. I can't imagine what he has here that has you beat though, 66 maybe? Flush draw most likely.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's semi-bluffing

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOO - more fuel on the fire in the great "Turn c/r vs. Tag when I have TPTK or oerpair" debate.

Good point.

I think the final answer to this all is "What does my opponent think I am capable of?" And that's that.