Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 02:15 AM

Default 87sTP in multiway pot

Pretty sure I botched the flop and turn here. This was early in the session; I didn't have any reads at this point.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...

If I could do it all again, I'd raise the flop. Mostly because I can't really wait until the turn since there are too many bad cards. Anyone?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 AM

Default Re: 87sTP in multiway pot

Yep, I just raise the flop here while you've got them both trapped + you protect your hand + you open up the possibility of taking a free card on the turn if need be.

As played, well that turn action sucks. It looks like a very close decision and without reads, I'm not sure what is optimal from there on.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:43 AM

Yep whithout reads it sucks but you have top two pair for now and I think a call is good. But if you reise you could also get the original agressor out of the pot. Who knows maybe a MP is on a draw also.

I wouldn't reise a flop.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I just raise the flop here while you've got them both trapped + you protect your hand + you open up the possibility of taking a free card on the turn if need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop does not protect your hand and what cards would you take a free card on? I do raise the flop basically for equity purposes.

-Caddy
Old 08-11-2006, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I just raise the flop here because I like to spew.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2006, 11:21 AM

From what I remember of Stars 2/4 it's not so aggressive that people raise 2 limpers in the SB with stuff like AQ very often, so the flop is just a tricky spot w/out reads but I don't have a problem with the call. For the same reason I think you have the best hand less often than not when an unknown pops the PFR on the turn so I'd just call.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:24 AM

I'd dump it preflop and as played raise the flop for a free card. With top pair, backdoor flush draw and backdoor straight draw, we have a pretty good hand. SB would need an overpair to be ahead of us, and MP is likely on some kind of draw or has some silly hand like KT.

For those of you that like to call the flop, what is your intention on the turn? If a blank falls, what are you gonna do? Fold? What if a b'way card comes?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd dump it preflop and as played raise the flop for a free card. With top pair, backdoor flush draw and backdoor straight draw, we have a pretty good hand. SB would need an overpair to be ahead of us, and MP is likely on some kind of draw or has some silly hand like KT.

For those of you that like to call the flop, what is your intention on the turn? If a blank falls, what are you gonna do? Fold? What if a b'way card comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question I'm not sure. Whatever I decide to do I don't think it can be worse than raising for a free card though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop does not protect your hand and what cards would you take a free card on? I do raise the flop basically for equity purposes.

-Caddy

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really have &gt; 33 % equity here?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Caddy

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really have &gt; 33 % equity here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure think so. Great flop for hero (top pair + 2 backdoors), we've got position, and the unknown SB is cont. betting.