Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Line check with vulnerable set

well you think he has a flush here more then 75% of the time if he shoves (depends alot on the fish, and you cant say 'generally fish have...')? I like betting big on turn and river, he calls with a ton of other crap too.

THe thing is with checking river, fish generally dont know how to valuebet.. so he bets like 1/3-1/4 pot and you can easily call if your that afraid of his flush.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:54 PM

as played your line is consistent and good.

If you raised preflop and bet flop the pot is so big compared to stacks that once you bet the turn you are committed so the rest of the hand plays itself.

You took a different (and not bad) line preflop, made the correct flop play based on your preflop play, and then played the turn and river consistent with your line. NH and WP.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:34 PM

yea raise pf but not that big of a deal. I dont ever try to check raise this flop in limped pot with the opponent described, i think you are giving up too much value by not controlling the pot size yourself. That being said I pot this flop, you could even over bet it to like 6, go for 3/4 psb on turn and I fold this turn if raised. I fold because you dont have a read on the man and I give my opponents credit until I have more information. Yea hes fishy but I find alot of fish make turn moves when the hit the nuts and call down with 2 pair or are more likely to raise the river with two pair. If he calls the turn then bet 2/3 psb on the river and call his raise as long as river doesnt get much uglier---another spade or if a 6/7 falls. In the case that one of these cards hits, bet half the pot as there is still 1/2psb value vs fish on 3 flushed or 4 to a straight boards, if there is no value then this also works as a blocker.