Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Standard bet/call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he stacks off with KQ, AK, AA, QQ (maybe), JJ, TT, KK.

bet/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur range gives us 43% equity and thats assuming he calls pf and stacks off on this flop with kq or stacks off with qq

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a $60 overlay in the pot making 43% = the nuts. And 99.999% of villains happily stack here with KQ, many with QQ as well.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

bet/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot AQ.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bet/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur range gives us 43% equity and thats assuming he calls pf and stacks off on this flop with kq or stacks off with qq

[/ QUOTE ]
so u guys agree that i cant fold, but dont u t
There is a $60 overlay in the pot making 43% = the nuts. And 99.999% of villains happily stack here with KQ, many with QQ as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

so u guys agree that i cant fold, but do u think that bet/calling is the best way to maximize the range i get it in against?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 AM

Thanks for posting this hand.

I was about to post stating that I'd happily shove this flop over a cbet with QQ as villain - which I would, and relatively happily as well - I have 10 outs if behind after all! But then I started thinking about if I had slowplayed AA preflop and ended up with this board, I wouldn't be especially happy. But AA has twice the equity of QQ on this board against the aforementioned reasonable shoving/shove calling range (KQ, AK, AA, QQ, JJ, TT, KK), so that makes no sense.

Posting this since this is definitely a leak in my 'thinking process' that I just plugged. Previously I would still get it all in with AA here, just not as happily as I should have - so I suppose I can't really say it was a leak in my 'game'. Anyhow, yeah. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for posting this hand.

I was about to post stating that I'd happily shove this flop over a cbet with QQ as villain - which I would, and relatively happily as well - I have 10 outs if behind after all! But then I started thinking about if I had slowplayed AA preflop and ended up with this board, I wouldn't be especially happy. But AA has twice the equity of QQ on this board against the aforementioned reasonable shoving/shove calling range (KQ, AK, AA, QQ, JJ, TT, KK), so that makes no sense.

Posting this since this is definitely a leak in my 'thinking process' that I just plugged. Previously I would still get it all in with AA here, just not as happily as I should have - so I suppose I can't really say it was a leak in my 'game'. Anyhow, yeah. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur welcome i guess, but btw, ud have a lot less than 10 outs with qq against most of his range (ak only 7, aq is drawing to 3 for a chop, kq is drawing to 1 for a win and 8 for a chop, sets u have from 8 to 10 outs assuming board doesnt pair.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:40 AM

yeah b/c. you having 2pr makes a set even more unlikely, plus i imagine this guy will cc w/ AK
Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 AM

alright seems like general consensus is b/c, I still feel uncertain because if we dont include kq in his pf range (very very reasonable) then we only have 38% equity and if we dont assume qq stacks off then only 36%. I don't like checking too much since a nine, ace, or queen is generally ugly but w/e, assuming we have to get it in, does any1 take another line?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:59 AM

nah best not to mess around on a board like this.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alright seems like general consensus is b/c, I still feel uncertain because if we dont include kq in his pf range (very very reasonable) then we only have 38% equity and if we dont assume qq stacks off then only 36%. I don't like checking too much since a nine, ace, or queen is generally ugly but w/e, assuming we have to get it in, does any1 take another line?

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK I'm getting 50% against [JJ+, AK] which I think is his most likely holding. [TT+, AQ+] is 30% which sux but w/e. There's too much $$ in the middle, just bet/call.

And don't 3-bet JTo. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:10 AM

why are you 3-betting JTo here preflop?

flop is a bet-call.