Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default I will mentor you for free

dude's asking in OP for a small group of players to go to another website where they would do poker stuff and engage in poker discussion. while it's not transparent that he's interested in making money through the whole thing, and i don't know jay at all, the business of taking 2p2 discussion of 2p2 seems grey at best.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

i was thinking of posting in this thread, didnt read through whole thing, if he has a link to another posting site it's pretty obvious that this is a veiled business idea.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM

um i know jay very well and he isn't looking to make money from this in the slightest. plus the discussion which his forum is going to offer would never exist here anyway, so it's not like he's taking content away from 2+2. i think it's pretty ridiculous that this was pulled even temporarily.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 PM

i guess you could quibble with 'would never exist here anyway' but it's pretty much true as a lot of the material will be regarding his sweat sessions and videos. and i doubt the 10 users of his forum are going to abandon their 2+2 accounts (see top-notch talk).

basically he's just being a generous guy, and he has been one of the highest quality contributors here over the last 4 years. i feel somewhat insulted that people would immediately assume he's trying to make money, but i guess it is understandable if you know nothing about him.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 PM

yeti,

i'm sorry you feel insulted. i think that it sucks that you are insulted "that people would immediately assume he's trying to make money" when i didn't say that i was.

i think that it's pretty clear that his offer is gray at best as the rules currently are set, and that it's pretty silly to get worked up about this thread getting moved here. if mat says it's ok, it'll get moved back, but since caution is relatively costless, and you can feel free to tell him exactly what i say here, i doubt he will be hurt by the thread's possibly temporary movement.

as for your reference of TNT, uh, did you miss the fact that it was obviously against the rules to post about TNT here?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 AM

yeah i'm sorry, you didn't accuse him of trying to make money, but obviously the idea that he might be did pop into your head. and nation agreed. it just sucks that when a longterm poster offers to do something cool (and poker related, which you don't see much of these days), the immediate reaction is one of skepticism.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 AM

by the way he would be more than happy to do the mentoring on 2+2 if he could get a private sub-forum that only he and the 10 students could read.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 AM

my TNT reference was 'we took 50-60 great members to another forum, yet it died relatively quickly and everyone returned to their 2+2 accounts'. so thinking that these 11 people are going to leave here or choose not to make threads that they would have done is probably not true.