Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

View Poll Results: STOP WITH THE GAY THREADS
Yes 1 33.33%
Bastard! 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: borodog\'s mistaken understanding of M3...don\'t listen to his drive

[ QUOTE ]
Well your bitterness sure was clear. But I just thought it was funny that you also claimed to get a "certain satisfaction" out of the exchange. I didn't really get that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread about borodog's mistake is the satisfaction. that is the exchange. i wasn't trying to hide the bitterness so i'm glad it came accross clearly.

another source of ancillary benefits here though is that i will learn something i'm sure from exchanges with those like tolbiny and others that contribute meaningfully to this thread (like the other guy who responded to tracks fed repos)

Barron
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: borodog\'s mistaken understanding of M3...don\'t listen to his drivel

Dcifrths,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate getting insight from people who understand economics at a high level; it really helps me further my understanding (and clear up my mimsconceptions).
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: borodog\'s mistaken understanding of M3...don\'t listen to his drive

[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

So you are saying that in addition to not knowing jack about history, Boro also doesn't know jack about economics, and that furthermore all of this is the result of his uncritical acceptance of certain writings put out by the Mises Institute? Wow. You would think an academic would be more careful in checking the accuracy of such "information" before putting it forth as a "source" for his arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, boro does know quite a bit about economics as he's lead me to learn a bunch. i've definitely given him sh*t about all the mises links though and challanged him to reply w/ more independent sources. he did this readily in ONE, precisely ONE occasion and never before or since.

the thread you linked looks dense and not fun for me to read so i'll take your word for it.

Barron
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

So you are saying that in addition to not knowing jack about history, Boro also doesn't know jack about economics, and that furthermore all of this is the result of his uncritical acceptance of certain writings put out by the Mises Institute? Wow. You would think an academic would be more careful in checking the accuracy of such "information" before putting it forth as a "source" for his arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

threaded mode? wtf?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: borodog\'s mistaken understanding of M3...don\'t listen to his drivel

[ QUOTE ]
Dcifrths,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate getting insight from people who understand economics at a high level; it really helps me further my understanding (and clear up my mimsconceptions).

[/ QUOTE ]

my pleasure. another positive externality of this thread.

this whole thing came about from a poster posting in BFI asking about interest rates in a way that seemed clear to me he/she was indoctrinated. gotta make sure you don't take everything you read at face value...especially from me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 AM

threaded mode b/c that is the last relevant post in the exchange between Boro and myself and the rest of the thread deals with Midge. I hijacked my own thread into AC and then it got hijacked back on topic by others.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
threaded mode b/c that is the last relevant post in the exchange between Boro and myself and the rest of the thread deals with Midge. I hijacked my own thread into AC and then it got hijacked back on topic by others.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't care. stop hijacking my thread!!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 AM

Barron,

Sorry. But I think an important sub-issue of your thread isn't just the topic in question and Boro's apparent misinformation on same, but also the gospel-like credulity he places in all the writings of the Mises Institute, rather than being more critical of some of them as he should be.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, this is just such pathetic trolling.

Your additions to the forum <<<<<< Copernicus's.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

Sorry. But I think an important sub-issue of your thread isn't just the topic in question and Boro's apparent misinformation on same, but also the gospel-like credulity he places in all the writings of the Mises Institute, rather than being more critical of some of them as he should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not posting this to settle other people's beef w/ borodog nor get in the middle of anything therein.

this is about MY beef with him and HIS post about M3 and the incorrectness therein (i love the word therein btw).

so please contribute to this thread without bringing other borohatred in there...espeically when it is not as well founded (i.e. your comment about his lack of understanding of econ. he actually understands econ very well and has taught me some things).

Barron
Closed Thread