Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Very common flop situation

Villain is a decently aggressive TAG, he runs at 21/18/5 over 1100 hands. Before ppl start saying gib about how its 3handed (literally first 3handed hand) or that he has an AF of 5, what do u guys put him on? He had been 3betting a decent amount so i def think he 3bets a good queen in a blind battle and I hadnt noticed anything especially aggro except for his AF which is def skewed (river AF was 10). There r no good draws for him to semi-bluff and I dont think hell be raising weak queens here very often at all. If i call its because I think hes bluffing id say but since the board can get very scary and hell keep firing probably, should i just dump the flop? This particular situation probably isnt that interesting cause I think its not a very tough flop fold given no history of overaggroness and that good queens: a) reraise pf and b)dont always raise the flop, AND, there r no good draws. But I just wanted a quick check and maybe c how u guys handle getting raised oop with vulnerable overpairs.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $139.10
SB: $97
Hero (BB): $321.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BTN calls $2

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($30) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $24</font>, Hero folds

Results: $30 Pot ($1 Rake)
BTN mucked and WON $29 (+$14 NET)

edit: I dunno why converter screwed up but i'm sb and he's bb
Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Very common flop situation

I'm not sure what to put him on, but you should repop the flop.

As played, that turn ace knocked out a lot of your chances of being ahead. I'm OK with the fold there. But the flop is too weak.

Top pair is very strong heads up. What do you think his read on you is? If you've played 1100 hands with him he probably remembers you even if he isn't using PokerTracker or whatever. Would he think Qx is beating you a good amount of the time?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Very common flop situation

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what to put him on, but you should repop the flop.

As played, that turn ace knocked out a lot of your chances of being ahead. I'm OK with the fold there. But the flop is too weak.

Top pair is very strong heads up. What do you think his read on you is? If you've played 1100 hands with him he probably remembers you even if he isn't using PokerTracker or whatever. Would he think Qx is beating you a good amount of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

the hands are datamined and i havent played many pots with him but ive been pretty aggro at the table, hell almost always 3bet kq or aq here and i dont think he raises flop with many bad queens or even kq/aq too often. The flop can easily give him two pair, J10 is in his range, he coulda cold called pf with 9s or 8s as well, on top of all this, there r no good draws to bluff with as all combo draws r gonna be pair+gutter which have good SD value AND this board could easily have hit me hard, so i like dumping this hand without a specific read, with one that hes playing back or overplaying tp, i def 3bet as there r too many ugly cards which can come. I dont like thinking in terms of "its heads up" or "u have an overpair against an aggressive opponent" but rather what he could have. Im pretty confident that i shoulda folded flop but i wanted to c if others felt the same (i doubt they will) and wanted to c y. Also wanted to maybe get some general opinions on playing these kinds of hands oop against decent opponents (tptk, vulnerable overpairs etc.)