Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Bottom two facing heat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn nits.

If he's passive with draws, then his flop raise is either overpair or a set. I'd call and crai a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about bet/calling blank turns in case he mixed his play up with a draw and will check it behind/get value from tp or tens which might check behind the turn (dunno if he raises flop with these though)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need some solid reads to know the answer to that.

[ QUOTE ]
if you are confused about what to do here, you shouldn't be playing 96hh. this is a draw-heavy board, so there are many legitimate hands you are ahead of here. i almost always 3-bet here, and effective stack sizes pretty much make this is a push. if villain has a set, that's unfortunate for you. telling us that villain is 15/12 doesn't give useful information unless you qualify the number of hands you have. if the sample is small, it's possible that villain has been card dead and possibly a little desperate to play a hand, which makes his button calling range wider.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. So I guess it comes down to how strong your stats are of this guy. If you have a solid numeber of hands on him and have a strong read that he is passive with his draws, then I think crai blank turn is good. However, if he's relatively unknown, I'd 3bet flop and commit myself.