Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM

Default What to raise at a loose, but low PFR table?

I've been playing min-stack for a while (.5/1). Partly for the short stack strategy of getting all in preflop, but partly just to lessen the cost of my stupidity as I learn PLO.

However, fairly often getting a significant amount in preflop is damn near impossible as no one at the table will raise preflop! Last night I must have gone 5 orbits without seeing a single raise.

In holdem, I know how to play these as you tend to raise good multiway hands. I assume in PLO it's much the same? Raise preflop with things like 89TJds? Unlike Holdem though, is the value in raising big pairs in PLO in this type of environment? Given you have to hit to win in PLO multiway pots, unlike holdem, is it better to play the big pairs cheap for set value?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: What to raise at a loose, but low PFR table?

I doubt you're going to get any valuable responses given the disgust with which most people look down on shortstackers.

If you want to learn PLO just play the $10 or $25 tables with a full stack and post your trouble hands.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you're going to get any valuable responses given the disgust with which most people look down on shortstackers.

If you want to learn PLO just play the $10 or $25 tables with a full stack and post your trouble hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So people here will only post if other people play the "the one true style"? That seems rather odd. Why would people care if I'm short stacked or not? If I'm trying to play a +EV situation, why does the size of my stack matter?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM

People are ignorant and obtuse.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM

I wouldn't post a helpful response in this thread because doing so would encourage a strategy that limits my own profitability, and that would be silly.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM

LOL don't you do that everytime you post any strat?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM

to channel bluffthis: I only post enough strat that low-mid stakes players feel comfortable taking a shot at the games I play, but not enough strat that those shots go well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to channel bluffthis: I only post enough strat that low-mid stakes players feel comfortable taking a shot at the games I play, but not enough strat that those shots go well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So pretty much your screwing ppl. GG
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 PM

you wont get helpful responses to shortstaking threads because Omaha is a board game, and by shortstacking you are cutting out the strategic part of the game - just how much skill does it take to shove all in preflop?

shortstackers are kinda like these people who go on reality shows in order to be famous - you cant argue that it achieves their goal, and makes them some money, but dont ask me to respect someone for their ability when clearly they dont have any [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 03:41 PM

Well it depends on what a short stack is. 50BB is a short stack. Usually you can't shove in preflop with that much money