Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Default how to play luckbox fishes?

usually if a table has 3 fishes seated, it pretty much turn poker into bingo, because the fish got anything like a draw, bottom pair, or two over cards, they'll never fold their hand.

the game become very high variance.

this change my game alot.

i went from going after the fishes, to now i stay away from the fishes, and attack the TA, TAA, TAP, TPA.

reason: i notice, i will lose a big pot to the fishes, then tilt off rest of my stacked.

so i adjust my game, stay aways from the fishes, then wait for others to be on tilt, and took the tilt money.

it has work pretty well for me.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM NOW.

i know a few 50+ VPIP with AF less then 1 fishes which i contantly visit their table, and take the left over tilt $$.

luckbox fish has gotten out of control and winning 2-3 buyin per table, which leave no tilt money for me, when they suckout on others.

this has become consistant for the month of Oct.

in order to eat, i must try to get money off the fishes again.

yesturday, i took a shot with AA

raise pf with position, fish call

flop QJ2

fish check , i bet pot, fish call. ( i know he got a piece of the flop)
turn X

fish check, I CHECK ( i want to keep the pot small, he is not fold to the turn bet)
river 6

Fish check, I think about betting again, but I decide to CHECK .
Fish then comment: good check, i was gonna checkraise you on the river.
me: i was gonna bet, but accidentally click on check

Fish: you got lucky then.

me: ......lol....(whatever)

How will you play?
Note: i have over 7K HH with the winning fish, they are winning players in my PT record.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: how to play luckbox fishes?

You know that by cheking instead of betting you are offering him infinite odds and all the reasons to let him outdraw you, basically don't offer him free cards thats the best way to go busto.

How big did you bet preflop? And why do you want to keep the pot small, you have a good hand bet it!!

In my book fish are losing even if sometimes they outdraw you with crappy hands, but that's just variance.

On a sidenote if you are tilting you should stop your session or change table, especially if you have a tendency to give them the rest of your stack.

Just my 02 cents
Old 10-21-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On a sidenote if you are tilting you should stop your session or change table, especially if you have a tendency to give them the rest of your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't chat ever, it is the worst thing for someone who tilts. 1st thing you do when you sit should be to close the chatbox and never look at it.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know that by cheking instead of betting you are offering him infinite odds and all the reasons to let him outdraw you, basically don't offer him free cards thats the best way to go busto.

How big did you bet preflop? And why do you want to keep the pot small, you have a good hand bet it!!

In my book fish are losing even if sometimes they outdraw you with crappy hands, but that's just variance.

Just my 02 cents

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't bet bet the turn, because i know he is not folding, he would infact goes all-in with you. so the taking aways odds, doesn't work here.
I want to keep the pot small, because all i have is a pair of A. and i need a bigger hand to play big pot with luckbox.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't chat ever, it is the worst thing for someone who tilts. 1st thing you do when you sit should be to close the chatbox and never look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was not on tilt
i kept the pot small, because i kinda expect it.
so small pot, not much damage, i don't feel anything.
i chat with him,....customer service, i actually want them at the table. i hate people bashing player that make bad play.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 PM

You need to loosen your range versus fish. As a standard line, you don't want a big pot with big one pair hands. Against people that draw, and love top pair, an overpair is the virtual nuts. Pot sized bet every round to maximize your EV.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This was a very exspensive hole in my game.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
usually if a table has 3 fishes seated, it pretty much turn poker into bingo, because the fish got anything like a draw, bottom pair, or two over cards, they'll never fold their hand.
HERE IS MY PROBLEM NOW.
i know a few 50+ VPIP with AF less then 1 fishes which i

[/ QUOTE ]

The high VPIP/Low AF are awsome to play against because they call too much when behind and are too weak to raise, isolate & extract when ahead.

I like to try and play as many hands as possible against them when I have position. Don't be afraid to punish them with your big hands PF if they are willing to call 5-8x raises instead of 3-4x. Post flop TPTK and overpairs are getting bet hard until they tell me I'm beat, with AF=1 this usually shows up as the c/c c/r or min raise flop lines.

Any pair, SC, suited 1 gappers are worth playing against calling stations because even when they hit a good hand they usually underbet or try and get tricky slowplaying and allow you to draw cheaply. These are even worth isolating with in position for the "loose PF/ fit or fold post flop" fish because you can often take the pot with a cbet.

Can't help much with tilting, best to take a break after a few beats if you feel it starting to affect your play.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM

I agree with scpi - i get very very mad when the chatter tell me things when i was going to win the hand and he beat me out for the river card. i turn player chat to the off and try to concentrate.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to loosen your range versus fish. As a standard line, you don't want a big pot with big one pair hands. Against people that draw, and love top pair, an overpair is the virtual nuts. Pot sized bet every round to maximize your EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent advice. Bet every street with your big hands for maximum value against weak players.

You say you checked turn because he won't fold ?! You are betting for VALUE - you don't want him to fold !

Sure every now and again they will catch a second pair on the river and suckout, but in the long run, you will win more money than you lose if you bet hard on all streets vs this kind of player.