Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 AM

Default The Queen Bee Wins the White House: It is almost a Lock

Hilary Clinton may well be the next US President. This is becoming more probable every day and I was contemplating the fallout. Anyway, as I was contemplating this recently, by an unusual coincidence there appeared in the very next edition of the Economist a well-written article about Hilary’s gambit to be the first woman president. See here:
The Comeback Kids

The Clinton political machine is indeed impressive, with lots of money (and plies more coming in), all the best staff, spin-doctors, and the most effective liars in all of American Political History, the Clinton’s themselves. Not to be lost in all this is the megalomania and determination of Hilary to punch out a long-term plan that may just get her what she wants. It will not be what she needs but not being a Confucian that would be completely lost on her.

The Queen Bee may soon have her crown and a cadre of monarchal henchmen in the White House. What would the repercussions be?

-Zeno
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: The Queen Bee Wins the White House: It is almost a Lock

that sure is alot of words to say "president hilary scares me"
Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm kind of curious to see if she makes Bill a part of her administration and if this spawns some kind of spousal addition to term limits. I'm guessing that although it should, it probably won't because it will be to easy to label such efforts as sexist.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that sure is alot of words to say "president hilary scares me"

[/ QUOTE ]

The post was not about me, but just for your information very little scares me, least of all Queen Bee Hilary.

The OP asked of possible repercussion if Hilary becomes the next President. Let's stay on subject if possible.

-Zeno
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 AM

Billy Bob is certainly an interesting part of the whole equation. What official capacity he would play is important and what "unofficial" role and power he would weld is also something of importance and significance. Given Hilary's egomania she would want this to be HER presidency, not something watered down, even by a husband she supposedly loves.

Also, having her Husband on the campaign trail is, at least for now, not hurting her at all. There was a article in The Atlantic a few months back about all this that was also interesting. The Clinton political machine is doing much to have all the ready answers to and the counter attacks in place that will be needed once Hilary wins the nomination and the obvious smear campaign that will then be launched by the Republican Party Hacks.

They are very prepared.

But all that aside, Bill could be an asset in the foreign affairs arena, though at what capacity is hard to guess - Perhaps some ambassador at large position?

-Zeno
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 AM

Clinton 42: Peace, prosperity, popularity.

Clinton 44: Peace, prosperity, popularity. Especially in her second term after she's had a chance to do some cleaning up of the damage inflicted on the nation by her predecessor.

Incidentally, I'm not that much of a Hillary fan...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 AM

I'd expect a lot of empty promises. We wouldn't leave Iraq. Her voting record suggests this, among other things. We won't get universal health care, seeing how insurance companies/pharma companies make ridiculous amounts of money to lobby against it. So basically, it'll be Bush part 2, with a few cute tax hikes just for show.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 AM

No comment except you know that a political system is rotten to the core when a son and wife of former presidents succeed their fathers and husbands.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Here's a timely, on-topic Charles Krauthammer column

A quote:

I could never vote for her, but I (and others of my ideological ilk) could live with her -- precisely because she is so liberated from principle. Her liberalism, like her husband's -- flexible, disciplined, calculated, triangulated -- always leaves open the possibility that she would do the right thing for the blessedly wrong (i.e. self-interested, ambition-serving, politically expedient) reason.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No comment except you know that a political system is rotten to the core when a son and wife of former presidents succeed their fathers and husbands.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT