Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

View Poll Results: Double Shootouts...
Turbo 13 50.00%
Non Turbo 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: How will the games develop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The gap between fgators and all other players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-13-2007, 06:41 PM

the good thing about poker is that many fish will need a long time to recognize they are losing or breakeven players. i have heard of a case where this took someone around 1.5 MILLION hands.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
iam suprised so many chose much tougher. You have to remember that the top level is always rotating in the sense that poker is small time. it is.. any person beating 1k/2k and any person making over 2mill a year at poker could most likely make more out in the business/investing world.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fallacy, DUCY?

Skills in poker are not directly convertible to successful entrepeneurship or investment. I'd love to see Huck Seed run a large corporation, or Mike Matusow invest in commercial property.

There does come a point of diminishing returns on your poker investment (work) if you amass enough wealth. Why grind out $1mil a year with a 15 mil roll, when you can easily use the same bankroll to invest in safer investments that return you more. Of course this thinking is unlikely to make you a top poker player in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong, DUCY?

(cos mike is a degenerate, not a poker player)
Old 10-13-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the good thing about poker is that many fish will need a long time to recognize they are losing or breakeven players. i have heard of a case where this took someone around 1.5 MILLION hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The gap between the elite players and the good players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 0%
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 PM

I voted for easier. I think the chances of poker not seeing some sort of regulation/legalization within the next decade are very low. Official regulation would likely lead to softer than ever games. Of course who knows what sort of rake/tax we'll be paying for those games though.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The gap between the elite players and the good players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

[/ QUOTE ]I'm intrigued. Elaborate?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

[/ QUOTE ]I'm intrigued. Elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just change "agree" to "wish"
Old 10-14-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The gap between the fish and the winning players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I think next 2-3 years grinders will get much much better...fish will be easier to beat up...but will become fewer in number.

In 5 years I think it'll be DIFFICULT to become a reg (for the average college student due to the learning curve that will be involved in online poker)....and the online games will significatly dry up. (however if the U.S. unbans and we're allowed to beat up on the "new euro/asian markets" this will prolong the drying up of online poker for a good 10 years imo)

However...live poker will never die out imo (just like how bj or craps etc. have never dried) and tons of online pros will switch to live play.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...the online games will significatly dry up. (however if the U.S. unbans and we're allowed to beat up on the "new euro/asian markets" this will prolong the drying up of online poker for a good 10 years imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the US unbans, I really don't see poker drying up anytime soon - and definitely not within 10 years --although we might be playing PLO or whatever instead of NLHE in 10 years. Tournaments will likely become more and more popular and they do a great job of frequently putting alot of money into very bad players' hands which is then redistributed amongst the poker economy, and there will likely be many more wealthy casual players once it is 'safe' and 'regulated', etc..

Just imagine what will happen after it is officially regulated and we get another MoneyMaker $50 into millions guy.