Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

or he's just playing tight on a table with multiple loose, aggressive, bluffing fish.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:58 PM

Like the producers have to encourage the players to gamble it up with Eli, Sammy, and Gold in the game. You know players have to be crapping their pants with an overpair to a rag board in a hand with Sammy. These guys make the game super fun. {laugh} at Gold for trying to bluff Sammy.

RE: Eli's overcall with the AA... Jennifer, generally percieved to play fairly conservatively, said she thought it was an insta-call situation.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found Safai's whole "I gotta go! Let's gamble for my stack!" thing hilarious, as it reminded me of antics I've seen in $20 buy-in home games I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the B&M when someone says that it's because they have the nuts already. Safai just had TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the B&M I play at you can safely fold anything less then the nuts when the phrase "just send me home" is uttered when they push in.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did I just see that? Mike Baxtor had a brain fart. WTF was that AI with KQo?

And Eli calling there? he and Sammy must be playing the same money.

West Coast viewer. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way the play makes sense to me is that Baxter thought he had 10 outs, and thus had the odds to call. He actually did have 10 outs against Sammy. His blunder was that he forgot about the pre-flop raiser who had yet to act behind him (or maybe he thought Eli would not overcall without a monster). In any case, he was marginally correct to call if all parts fell into place, but idiotically wrong if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only has 10 outs if you assume a single K or Q makes his hand. Even against Sammy that's a poor assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Baxter could have been ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must have thought he was for him to make that AI move there. Like I said: Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently did an interview with Mike in which I asked him about the KQo bust-out hand. He actually thought Sammy might be on an open-ended draw and it was only 70k or so for him to call in a 120k pot. The show makes it look like he came over the top for even more, but he really didn't. Of course, with Eli behind with AA and given Sammy's made hand, the play looks horrible (def not something I'd do with 70 large), but when Jamie folded out of turn, he figured whatever...Sammy'd been making plays the whole session. If you're interested, you can read the interview here.

Edmond
Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I recently did an interview with Mike in which I asked him about the KQo bust-out hand. He actually thought Sammy might be on an open-ended draw and it was only 70k or so for him to call in a 120k pot. The show makes it look like he came over the top for even more, but he really didn't. Of course, with Eli behind with AA and given Sammy's made hand, the play looks horrible (def not something I'd do with 70 large), but when Jamie folded out of turn, he figured whatever...Sammy'd been making plays the whole session. If you're interested, you can read the interview here.

Edmond

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect Edmund, but these kind of after the fact interviews, where he has already seen the TV version is the epitome of results oriented. Mike even admits at the beginning that he has trouble putting players on hands and then he wants us to believe that he made this play after only putting in $13k pre-flop, not getting any piece of the flop (a gutshot, yeah woo), with the original raiser still to act, in the hopes he could do a deal with Sammy? Sorry, I don't believe a word of it. he was playing fast and loose and made a really stupid move there and he should just admit that he burned up $70k for no good reason.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edmond

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect Edmund, but these kind of after the fact interviews, where he has already seen the TV version is the epitome of results oriented. Mike even admits at the beginning that he has trouble putting players on hands and then he wants us to believe that he made this play after only putting in $13k pre-flop, not getting any piece of the flop (a gutshot, yeah woo), with the original raiser still to act, in the hopes he could do a deal with Sammy? Sorry, I don't believe a word of it. he was playing fast and loose and made a really stupid move there and he should just admit that he burned up $70k for no good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. This would not be the first time a guy I knew was smart rationalized a bonehead move. Would he do it again? Probably not. Have we all seen worse? I know I have. He was a good sport to talk about it, at least. Try getting me to videotape my play and open it up to the forums. Never happen!

Edmond
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co *DELETED*

Post deleted by Kevmath