Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Cycle of interest

Made a little list of the phases I have seemed to gone through many many times in my life, whether it's a job, a hobby or something else, right now I am in the final stage as I have been countless times already in my life. This isn’t an emo thread because I’m sure I’ll find something new and interesting. I just felt compelled to share this little list and see if anyone shares any similar patterns.

1. Ignorance about a topic

2. Passing Interest in it

3. Desire to learn more about the topic.

4. Total immersement, Spending hours studying and thinking about topic even while in other activities.

5. Ever increasing desire to learn more, faster, an obsession.

6. Realization that I can only go so far with the topic, after a certain point I am not competitive enough without years and years of dedication and focus and sacrifices in other aspects of my life.

7. Dissatisfaction with outcome of time spent studying material.

8. Disappointment, boredom on the topic, losing interest in learning more.

9. Continued passive attachment to the topic which makes me feel like I am an insider when in fact I am just another fool who thinks he knows a lot more than he really does while the big fish dominate that particular field, I search for new interests.

10. Bored with a life with no direction until I find something new to interest me.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Cycle of interest

Sounds super standard with way more time being spent on #10 then any of the other steps.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 PM

i'm between 4 and 5 with poker. the moneys nice. so hopefully i dont get to 6-10.

what types of things have gone thru your cycle?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Made a little list of the phases I have seemed to gone through many many times in my life, whether it's a job, a hobby or something else, right now I am in the final stage as I have been countless times already in my life. This isn’t an emo thread because I’m sure I’ll find something new and interesting. I just felt compelled to share this little list and see if anyone shares any similar patterns.

1. Ignorance about a topic

2. Passing Interest in it

3. Desire to learn more about the topic.

4. Total immersement, Spending hours studying and thinking about topic even while in other activities.

5. Ever increasing desire to learn more, faster, an obsession.

6. Realization that I can only go so far with the topic, after a certain point I am not competitive enough without years and years of dedication and focus and sacrifices in other aspects of my life.

7. Dissatisfaction with outcome of time spent studying material.

8. Disappointment, boredom on the topic, losing interest in learning more.

9. Continued passive attachment to the topic which makes me feel like I am an insider when in fact I am just another fool who thinks he knows a lot more than he really does while the big fish dominate that particular field, I search for new interests.

10. Bored with a life with no direction until I find something new to interest me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Majority of people on Earth.