Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Razz 8/16 - misplayed this a bit

Seat 5 is David Chiu. I know I misplayed this, but I'm wondering in how many ways other than just flat calling on 3rd street... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Razz ($8/$16), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.13 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (4.38 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.69 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.69 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (6.69 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (6.69 BB - $107)
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Razz 8/16 - misplayed this a bit

I would generally raise 3rd. The 3 raised into only one other wheel card.

I would play for a checkraise on 4th.

I would bet 6th and call a raise. Seat 5 may be paired or started with mediocre cards, and you probably have the best draw.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]

I would bet 6th and call a raise. Seat 5 may be paired or started with mediocre cards, and you probably have the best draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise 3rd do you think you can checkraise on 4th? Who will you be raising?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:59 PM

I don't mind the limp in on third to add a little bit of deception and let another player possibly enter the pot with less powerful holdings than your own. Plus a great majority of mistakes in razz happen at forth and you have made them even more incorrect...

I like the raise at 4th and 5th... I do agree that a checkraise is a good move too but I like the raise at forth because I have seen too many meek players playing razz just check with the flawed logic of "well everyone seems to be about the same, I'll just check cos I don't want to risk money if the next card turns bad for me" .. thats why I don't think a checkraise is the move to make generically.

On sixth, I would of raised to make it at least one bet to go getting seat 1 to fold or pay, even with the possible reraise by Seat 5... you have seen alot of cards but not any 2s yet... If he reraises, you also know that your eight is beat and can save a bet at the end if you don't improve.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise 3rd do you think you can checkraise on 4th? Who will you be raising?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would raise 3rd and as played checkraise 4th. Seat 5 will probably bet 4th if you check.

The flat call on 3rd is OK, but you may be significantly ahead, so I would raise. It is not a limp on 3rd as seat 5 completed.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM

If we assume that seat 1 has two cards less than 7 under and that Seat 5 does not have either a2 or a4 under because those would play 4th more aggressively. You have much more than the 33% equity required to bet 6th. River check looks fine.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:53 PM

I think you have to at least bet 6th. Even if you are afraid seat 5 might have you beat, you are giving seat 1 a free draw to beat you if neither you nor 5 bets. You have a lot of outs if you are beat here, all the 2s and 5s are live, a 7 could even be good. With a 6 draw you would think seat 5 would have raised somewhere by now.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5 is David Chiu. I know I misplayed this, but I'm wondering in how many ways other than just flat calling on 3rd street... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooooo.....you didn't need everyone to tell you to raise third?

I think I would have tried to check-raise 4th. I'd have bet 6th in case he paired.