Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Default IOWA FARMLAND in GRAVE danger

[ QUOTE ]
OECD warns against biofuels subsidies
By Andrew Bounds in Brussels
Published: September 10 2007 22:28 | Last updated: September 10 2007 22:28
Governments need to scrap subsidies for biofuels, as the current rush to support alternative energy sources will lead to surging food prices and the potential destruction of natural habitats, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development will warn on Tuesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

politicians can NOW be given an EASY out to REDUCE subsidies on IOWA FARMLAND omg!

Barron

PS- evan, ahnuld, you can move/lock/delete if you want but i thought it would be a funny post for regular readers of this forum [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: IOWA FARMLAND in GRAVE danger

LMFAO.........SELL!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Dcifr--here is the thing.........CORN is not going to be the major source for ethanol longterm.........just for the next 2-5 years before more and more NON-FOOD sources are used. However, corn is the best source worldwide at the present time........it's a sounding board for the future of the industry.

In the meantime, Iowa farmland will continue to move up in price during this time......and will peak during this time before seeing a significant decline. The earliest i see this happening is the fall of 2009........by which time many who invested in this land will have profited.

-FH-
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Why has farmland become such a joke? Who on this forums has the balls to short it right now? Regardless of your disdain for booms, going against farmland would be a worse decision than entering shorts into tech in the late '90s -- you'll lose your all your funds before you are finally right. All of the people who cleaned up in 2001 simply got lucky that Nasdaq didn't go to 10k and last another 3 year like it did for the earlier topcallers.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why has farmland become such a joke? Who on this forums has the balls to short it right now? Regardless of your disdain for booms, going against farmland would be a worse decision than entering shorts into tech in the late '90s -- you'll lose your all your funds before you are finally right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very well stated.........agree 100%.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why has farmland become such a joke? Who on this forums has the balls to short it right now? Regardless of your disdain for booms, going against farmland would be a worse decision than entering shorts into tech in the late '90s -- you'll lose your all your funds before you are finally right. All of the people who cleaned up in 2001 simply got lucky that Nasdaq didn't go to 10k and last another 3 year like it did for the earlier topcallers.

[/ QUOTE ]

my post was a jab at fishhead and the approach he took to introduce iowa farmland. farmland isn't going anywhere. global demand for biofuels is only one aspect of it.

there is only a limited number of acres and only a certain amount of stuff can be planted on them. be it corn for food or fuel, grains, or cattle, 1 acre of land is just 1 acre of land, productivity increases accounted for.

Barron
Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Good points Mr. Dcifr.........

Many may not believe this, buy my sole purpose for introducing this investment on this forum was to possibly help some of the posters here in considering this as a possible investment into their portfolios..........

There is no motive from me on this front then my attempt to simply help the great posters of this site(whether they agree or disagree with me)...........as so many have helped me over the years in so many different aspects.

I'm sure many of the usual stalkers of yours truly will eventually show up in this thread to "trash talk" in someway .........but its all good.

I sincerely hope we ALL can profit from one another on this great site...........and not just financially.

Again, thanks to all those that have contributed to this forum........keep the education coming.

-FH-
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why has farmland become such a joke? Who on this forums has the balls to short it right now? Regardless of your disdain for booms, going against farmland would be a worse decision than entering shorts into tech in the late '90s -- you'll lose your all your funds before you are finally right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very well stated.........agree 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

you AGREE!?!?!?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Are we more worried about the price of popcorn at a movie theater than we are about energy security in this country???

I sincerely hope not.

-FH-
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we more worried about the price of popcorn at a movie theater than we are about energy security in this country???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on now, what's going to happen to the price of popcorn?!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]