Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: watch theblackkeys get less fat

My advice is to stay the hell away from weightwatchers. It's for half assed people who don't want to change their life, just do something someone else made up. And if you don't lose weight, its not your fault it's weight watchers! No way. I totally appreciate your love of food, it's one reason I don't diet so much anymore I have found creative ways around it.

For one do cardio 3-4 days a week. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will speed up your metabolism and let you cheat a bit more. You will see a difference trust me.

Try to eat bad things early in the day. Pancakes in the morning are less damaging than ice cream at night.

Try to eat as clean as possible for a few days, and then have a cheat day. If you know for a fact on friday you and your wife are going out to dinner and you're going to pig out on pizza or whatever, you can make it through monday. Tuesday is a breeze and wednesday feels like nothing. The trick is also to find healthy meals you can enjoy. Try grilled chicken on salad with seasonings, hamburger meat in pasta sauce etc. There are tons of books with good recipes that are also healthy.

Try not to view change as a diet, but rather a lifestyle change. I help people do exactly that for a living, I know what works and what doesn't. Ask/flame away...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome man, keep up the good work.

your biggest friend will be your scale. seeing the number drop is incredibly motivating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something about logging everything helps me stay motivated. Also, being almost as fat as Dids provides a little motivation.

I'm not even sure what my goal weight is, but for now it is 190. I'd like to get some feedback on this, perhaps I should post a picture or something when I hit 190.

How much weight have you lost btw?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 AM

Do you have personal experience with weightwatchers or something? I don't go to the meetings, I just use the points slider and their system in general. I think it's a very reasonable system, and helps develop good eating habits. You only have a certain number of points, so you can't just waste it on [censored] food. You gotta get lean meats with veggies in pretty much everyday or you end up starving. I really don't want to track protein, fat and carb grams for each piece of food I eat. In addition, just counting calories can lead to a poor diet as well.

It's not something that requires sacrifice, so I think it can be easily sustained. It just requires a little more work to always have fruits and veggies available.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 PM

i've lost about 60 lbs, right around 190 right now. long way to go though, i'd like to end around 165.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 PM

200.6 lbs.
-2.2 from last week
-10.8 since I started. I should be under 200 lbs by sunday.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Weighed in at 199.8 on Sunday morning.

-0.8 lbs from last week.
-11.6 total

I ate mexican on friday and had steak and shrimp on saturday, so it could have been better. Whatever, I still lost weight and had two cheat days.

I went drinking last night too, so I'm sure I'm a little heavier right now.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Great job, stick with it. Don't let the cheat days dominate your week, but 12 lbs in a little over a month is great!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great job, stick with it. Don't let the cheat days dominate your week, but 12 lbs in a little over a month is great!

[/ QUOTE ]
heh. Had a ton of cheat days last week + I wasn't that prepared for the rest of the week as far as having chicken and veggies always available. I also stopped using my logbook, so I gotta get back on that.

Gained back the .8 lbs, so I am now at 200.6 lbs. It's just a minor setback.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Personally I've never been a fan of Weight Watchers but if you find a program that works with YOU then stick iwth it. Good job.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Excellent week. Felt like I got to eat a lot of tasty food, and was able to get a lot of fruits in. I didn't eat that many veggies this week. I hope to improve that next week, just got to go shopping and get it prepared in advance.

Ate 2 t-bones tonight, so I'm not really starting off on the right foot.

Anyways, lost 3 pounds this week, weighing in at 197.6 lbs. For a total of 13.8 lbs lost so far.