Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: What Hand Plays That Way? Dunno, so I...?

I feel like your bet is weak, and typically I call along weaker against what I feel is a weak position bet.

That said, once he hit the turn he may have realized that the pot was just barely smaller, he might have a Q, and he jams because you have a loose image and he thinks you might bet the draw.

I think that line alone justifies a range large enough to call. MP or TP where you're ahead. QJ probably fitting the line more than anything else, though discounted for obvious reasons.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Given my steller hand reading ability to put someone on something I beat, I put him on K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and turbo call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, because I wanted to put him on a draw or some pair/draw combo, but in the heat of the moment, I panicked and couldn't think of one that made it to the turn. I do think the check/call, overbet shove line is more often a hand that became a semi-bluff hand on the turn rather than one that hit gin.

[ QUOTE ]
were you hoping to get repopped with your weak bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I thought with my image that there was a good chance someone would go for it. Maybe too ambitious to expect that in a 13-way pot though.

[ QUOTE ]
Given that its a $20 and draws are calling 3/4 pot the same amount as 1/2 I declare you a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're about 2 years too late on that declaration, but I appreviate the confirmation. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM
 is offline

Oh, and the turn shovers stack was the effective stack.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

That said, once he hit the turn he may have realized that the pot was just barely smaller, he might have a Q, and he jams because you have a loose image and he thinks you might bet the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we expect the presence of SB to keep him a little more well-behaved though rather than just playing optimally against my image?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 PM

If anything it should make him more likely to jam pairs and not draws.

If I have a hand here and an aggro monkey weak bets and someone calls and I call and the turn is a blank. The existance of another caller 1)Discounts me from jamming my draw because it looks like another player is on one. and 2) Means I need to jam my TP or 66-99 here because in action commits me to the river if I choose to play and I have FE.

I love a call here and I love the chips I'm winning most of the time as a result.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm surprised that QT hasn't been brought into this discussion as a major holding that our opponent could have. He'd play it just like this (and I factor your image when I say this). Also, 6c7c is another candidate given this totally retarted action, so he may push with that.

I think you call - I'm worried about Q10, but SB's play is very weak and a lot of these 20 players won't really factor in SB considerations when they make their plays (often times, rightfully so). If I'm worried about SB, I'm worried because if he calls the flop bet, it's very possible that he has major draw cards that we are putting in EP's range. However, that's not entirely possible, there are many different draws they could be playing respectively and I call.

Barry
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM

KJ of spades? yah confusing hand... and I call if for nothing more to see his hand.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting, because I wanted to put him on a draw or some pair/draw combo, but in the heat of the moment, I panicked and couldn't think of one that made it to the turn. I do think the check/call, overbet shove line is more often a hand that became a semi-bluff hand on the turn rather than one that hit gin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a Q that wanted to see a non-spade turn before getting it all in.

I used to play that way before I understood equities and embraced variance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
 is offline

Fascinating development in the hand (that I forgot until I reread my OP)... I hold the Ks.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given my stellar hand reading ability to put someone on something I beat, I put him on K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and turbo call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fascinating development in the hand (that I forgot until I reread my OP)... I hold the Ks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just too funny.