Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Fuper Spot Where Hand Reading Helps

[ QUOTE ]
This is obv nuts or air and he like never has the nuts nh. Would suck if he shows some 87 hand that he correctly checked behind turn for pot control with and now is valuetowning you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty rare for someone to show up with 87 after raising 4x UTG preflop and betting 1/5th pot into three people on the draw-heavy flop.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 PM

if turn was the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you guys like a turn lead more/less?

i think i still like a turn lead, your guys argument of "i also dont like betting the turn" isn't very convincing! (though kramer did elaborate and say we get shoved on by worse hands, but i dont think that happens that often vs randoms - especialy one betting 1/5th of the pot on the flop)
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
if turn was the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you guys like a turn lead more/less?

i think i still like a turn lead, your guys argument of "i also dont like betting the turn" isn't very convincing! (though kramer did elaborate and say we get shoved on by worse hands, but i dont think that happens that often vs randoms - especialy one betting 1/5th of the pot on the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

But do you think you're getting called enough by worse hands to warrant it? Or is your turn lead purely for protection? And what's your river plan if called?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on the turn lead, an air shove over our lead on that board is happening once a decade. If the 3s comes on the turn, I don't lead. In isolation, the flop bet looked like a blocking bet with a flush draw or a suck bet with a monster (or a suck bet with a flush draw and 2 overs hoping to get it all in). Under either scenario, the 3s is a horrible card for us, I think I'm done with the hand if it comes.

I think call the flop and lead the turn if a non spade, non over card comes is the only way to win this hand without risking a ton of chips. If we don't do that, we should just fold on the flop, which seems ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see any smaller pair call us on the turn, they can put us on a flush draw! And if called on the turn i think i likely check-call a non-spade river. But i could be convinced check-fold was right.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM

it would take a very special player to put us on a flush draw with the c/c lead line, aka the type of special player that doesn't fold anything. and its not like there are a [censored] of smaller pairs.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
 is offline

Results (in case anyone cares): Villain had AJo.