Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: $250 Live Tourney Spot

I'm calling preflop no need for a raise. Flop I think I suddenly want to keep the pot small so I check behind. What sucks is the AK spectre is going to hang over the entire hand....but not so sure why I'm convinced he has AK. Hope for rags turn river and bet at the river if checked...tough line.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Also, shouldn't this be in the normal forum? High stakes=500+ buy in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I forgot that rule for live games. Oh well... sue me.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet at least 4k on this flop
and I usually just stick it in PF

[/ QUOTE ]

Shove PF. Nothing wrong with adding 4K to your 18K stack here if villain folds to a shove. Another advantage of a shove is I think you'll get villain to fold JJ here pretty often based on stack sizes and live game dynamics.

As played I also agree with nath, I show him that I'm committed to the hand with a very strong flop bet.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU man. This is definitely an interesting hand and should be posted here. Your opinion might matter if you didn't post such [censored] advice all the time. Maybe it would be better if you stayed in the other forum.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU man. This is definitely an interesting hand and should be posted here. Your opinion might matter if you didn't post such [censored] advice all the time. Maybe it would be better if you stayed in the other forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't you already been called out once for being an insufferable prick who doesn't ever post any actual advice in this forum
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear, this is NOT my gimmick account [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think AQ or KQ, even AJ or AT will fold to a single bet. I bet 3.5-4k.
I call a jam. I think preflop is fine, if the Hijack was more aggressive, or we had less chips, I would jam.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't you already been called out once for being an insufferable prick who doesn't ever post any actual advice in this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I love how he doesn't understand the idea of what buy in size means and how it has little to do with the how interesting the hand is. I think this is reason enough to ban him alone, inability to understand basic fundamental concepts.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I love how he doesn't understand the idea of what buy in size means and how it has little to do with the how interesting the hand is. I think this is reason enough to ban him alone, inability to understand basic fundamental concepts.

[/ QUOTE ]

5yob's response is uncalled for here and I sent him a warning about flaming but also if a hand is interesting enough but is from a slightly smaller buyin I'm not gonna be a nit about where it gets posted. Especially when the OP is MTT regular with 7k+ posts.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5yob's response is uncalled for here and I sent him a warning about flaming but also if a hand is interesting enough but is from a slightly smaller buyin I'm not gonna be a nit about where it gets posted. Especially when the OP is MTT regular with 7k+ posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no issue with the OP. I wasn't demanding it be moved or something, it was a half joke comment originally at most. If I had been seriously concerned or wanted it moved, I would have flagged the OP. The problem is entirely with this poster (5 year old bully) and his strange and unneccessarily acerbic posts that he's made on several occasions. Hopefully that's clear.