Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Default corrupted xbox 360 hdd

a few days ago, i started getting a message (in mlb2k7) that said the xbox couldn't save my vip profile. now it crashes sometimes. i don't get the "disc is damaged or dirty" message. it just crashes. also, all my save files say damaged

i tried googling this but couldnt find any answers. is there a way to reformat it or anything? or do i just need to buy a new one?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: corrupted xbox 360 hdd

ring microsoft and ask them or check the xbox scene forums, www.xbox-scene.com
Old 07-02-2007, 02:41 AM

If you have a broken box I got a very good tip from the official support guys at Microsoft. I called when my first run original XBOX was broken and he told me to hang up and call the next day and get the extended one year warranty for like 25 bucks. The next step, he told me, was to wait about a week and call back and let them know my XBOX somehow broke down, but I have a warranty. They would then send me a preposted box to mail it in and they would fix it, no matter what was wrong, or send me a new one and that I wouldn't have to pay anything else. I did this and within 2 weeks I had a perfect XBOX back in my dorm room rocking out on 8v8 Halo 1. By far the best tech support guy I've ever talked to.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a broken box I got a very good tip from the official support guys at Microsoft. I called when my first run original XBOX was broken and he told me to hang up and call the next day and get the extended one year warranty for like 25 bucks. The next step, he told me, was to wait about a week and call back and let them know my XBOX somehow broke down, but I have a warranty. They would then send me a preposted box to mail it in and they would fix it, no matter what was wrong, or send me a new one and that I wouldn't have to pay anything else. I did this and within 2 weeks I had a perfect XBOX back in my dorm room rocking out on 8v8 Halo 1. By far the best tech support guy I've ever talked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this guy is seriously awesome. Nice story.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is the real reason "your call may be monitored for quality assurance".
Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is the real reason "your call may be monitored for quality assurance".

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like it lol
Old 07-03-2007, 05:10 PM

i reformatted the hard drive on the dash and it worked for a day or so. i tried it again and i'm getting the same problem. time for a new hdd?