Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

View Poll Results: More likely to shoot you in the head?
Billy 0 0%
Joe 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, July, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Never have sex with a stripper inside the strip club.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really cant nail strippers in the back room? what the hell did those guys drop a grand on then?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Anyone here subscribe to thecashdb? A buddy of mine has been playing pretty high level (25/50NL) on Stars and wants to know what it says about him.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Got this e-mail from Stars recently:

Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as a "Credit Purchase", followed by the amount of the credit.

I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Best Regards,

SteveW
PokerStars Support Team

Yea free money, $288.40 credit. Good to know they're paying attention to these things (hopefully it wasn't just someone and their mom on the same account). I'd rather it have go a tad bit too far on occasion, then to not have any real oversight at all.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got this e-mail from Stars recently:

Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as a "Credit Purchase", followed by the amount of the credit.

I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Best Regards,

SteveW
PokerStars Support Team

Yea free money, $288.40 credit. Good to know they're paying attention to these things (hopefully it wasn't just someone and their mom on the same account). I'd rather it have go a tad bit too far on occasion, then to not have any real oversight at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a serious note you should save this email and send it to those who might be inclined to grant a poker exemption to the Frist legislation. I know it's not at the center of the argument but it shows that at least PS is policing their site and trying to run the fairest poker competition possible online.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Gramps,

For someone who frequents this forum as much as you, I can't believe you've never seen this before? It's been pretty common lately.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:24 AM

Just for fun today.
Warmup A5>99
Million FD> Top two.
Second Chance 55>KT on a TTQ5 board.
FTP 500k K7>44 on a K345 board.
FTP Mulligan Lost a race.
109r 55>AQ
Party 350k AA two tone board river Ah Flush > Top set
FTP mulligan lose a race when my call was so +GBUX.

I hate Multis so [censored] much -2k.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 AM

Hypotron: Cha and Microbet are here!
Hypotron: Hi Mike, Cha here.
MikeMcQ1: So...when you and Microbet go over to the wannabee's mansion, do you ever worry that some investigative reporter will surprise you at the door and start asking awkward questions about "why you are there"?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gramps,

For someone who frequents this forum as much as you, I can't believe you've never seen this before? It's been pretty common lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they do it, I've seen other people write about it here and there, but it's the first time I can recall that I've gotten it, hence my post in the [censored] thread. Seems logical enough, no?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gramps,

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they do it, I've seen other people write about it here and there, but it's the first time I can recall that I've gotten it, hence my post in the [censored] thread. Seems logical enough, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

almost a little too logical...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gramps,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

almost a little too logical...

[/ QUOTE ]

River Prayer is Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle is River Prayer...
Closed Thread