Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Default My Table

We didn't put legs on this- not sure if we will since I have a nice farmer-style kitchen table that this will sit on nicely.

At any rate, we did this over the weekend so I'll have something to use with my new chip set when it comes in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: My Table

I really like that and considered building one pretty similar (color-wise). Do you find that the black gets dirty (with lint and the likes)?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Heh, well since we just finished it yesterday, I have no idea. We are having our first game on it on Wednesday. I will post a trip report.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM

Looks nice. Is the surface velveteen? What did you use for rail padding and surface padding?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM

There is a website detailing exactly how to make this table from start to finish (with legs as well). Nice looking tables.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Table looks really nice. I too had the same intention of laying the table on top of the kitchen table.

However, it became a hassle and moved slightly on the kitchen table. I found a 6'-0" folding office table at a garage sale ($10) and screwed the poker table directly to it.

Now the table has it's own legs and can be moved from room to room and house to house if need be.

Looks great though, have fun!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 PM

If you place this on top of another table, you need to have a pad so that the table does not get scratched. Also, setting up some sort of anchoring system, such as some brackets or blocks will stop the topper from sliding.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the surface velveteen?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes

[ QUOTE ]
What did you use for rail padding and surface padding?

[/ QUOTE ]We used high density foam for the rail padding (on sale this weekend!) and I forgot what it's called for under the surface, but it's that really thin stuff that looks like super thin batting.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:49 PM

Yeah, if we find that it slides too much on the kitchen table (and we are going to put something under it so the kitchen table doesn't get scratched) we'll just go ahead and order legs for it. The thing is, right now the best room to have it in is the one with the kitchen table.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a website detailing exactly how to make this table from start to finish (with legs as well). Nice looking tables.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, we actually looked at a couple of different sites. I'm not a build-it-yourself kind of guy, but my brother-in-law is and when I told him I was thinking about buying a table he jumped at the idea.

Really I just bought the materials and picked out the colors. He did most of the real work involved.

And yeah, the black felt with the blond race track is a total rip off of one of the how-to-build-a-poker-table sites because I thought it just looked so awesome in the picture. And it looks good in real life too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]