Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

[ QUOTE ]
If the evidence was found to be inconclusive, why were the account not closed? If there is even a small chance the accounts could be bots at all the accounts should all be closed and the funds seized. And wtf if the evidence was inconclusive then how did you determine that the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds? This is completely rediculous that nothing has been done.

[/ QUOTE ]

well this is going to far and you just sound plain stupid
Old 05-10-2007, 10:17 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

But guys, think of all the rake they make off these guys, they play all day and don't even need breaks to take a piss!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We take bots very seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont take FTP very seriously. What more evidence do you need to prove a player is a bot? This seems rather clear cut to me. That would prove to me that you take this much more seriously than just stating "We take bots very seriously".

Personally I think you should let them have their funds and perma ban them for life.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the evidence was found to be inconclusive, why were the account not closed? If there is even a small chance the accounts could be bots at all the accounts should all be closed and the funds seized. And wtf if the evidence was inconclusive then how did you determine that the evidence did not warrant the seizure of funds? This is completely rediculous that nothing has been done.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are completely wrong. I am glad that FTP does not arbitrarily confiscate accounts. I can't believe your position.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 PM

If it was so inconclusive why don't you tell them they are not allowed to play at the same house from now on?

It doesn't have to be a new rule for anyone besides them. Or you can make it a new rule and exempt roommates/spouses that don't play like bots.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Without having a dog in this fight this is almost the exact response I could have written and certainly the one I expected.
I am neither shocked nor overly concerned that it was so predictable.
That's not to say I don't think something shady is going on. I most certainly do.
I think more than anything this points out how sites have to continually work on defining what they want at their sites and what they don't.
The more interesting aspect to me is where this goes from here as opposed to where it has been.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and forget about this whole thing, only because it didn't affect me personally. I will never play at FTP again however.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is our responsibility to ensure a level playing field for all of our players

[/ QUOTE ]

so im assuming then you are going to let the players in question change user names?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:38 PM

I have read pretty much all the posts and am pretty much OK with FTP standing by their decision to not seize the funds. I may have a bias towards giving someone the benefit of the doubt, but even after reading all the stat geek's posts, I wasn't convinced they had proved "bots."

But what they did prove was a level of similarity and consistency that is just way beyond the capacity of the normal human, in other words, even if they didn't actually use "bots" they, through a combination of scripts (both computer and written) and coordination, achieved the perfect imitation of a "bot."

My bottom line is, this doesnt seem to violate the current rules, but it should.

So OK, they found a loophole and exploited it, we cant really blame them for that - we're poker players afterall.

But once FTP "exonerated" them, and rightfully returned their money, they should have told them this model of coordinated play was no longer allowed and should have already started revising the T&C to make this type of play a violation.

This was 3 or 4 guys who managed to play exactly like bots. If they can do it, whats to stop a group of 50, or 100? And if that were to happen, I would want to take my play elsewhere.

Skallagrim
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TRANSLATION: They sent us their utility bills and credit card information. There is no credit card fraud going on, so we no longer care.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

I dont think these guys are bots and even I think thats exactly what happened on FullTilts end