Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: AA facing deep flop push

[ QUOTE ]
4_2,

I agree that it is a fantastic flop for AA, but playing for 200bb is...risky, no? its not like you have pot odds to make the call, you're basically getting 1:1. Is there a >50% chance you are ahead? I'm not so sure. It's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, without more info, this is probably 50/50 and folding wouldn't be a crime, but OP does mention this guy is very aggressive post flop which makes me think he doesn't have a set and would make me much more likely to call.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:43 PM

easy fold...

this is a typical play at LSNL. A lot of fish will raise EP with a big pp can't get away from it.

even if I'm wrong, there are better spots to get the money in (esp at 25NL)
Old 02-17-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy fold...

this is a typical play at LSNL. A lot of fish will raise EP with a big pp can't get away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this typical of someone who is usually passive post-flop. Someone who is aggro is more likely to slow down with a monster, no? I admit it has been a while since I played this level, but I have seen aggros push worse hands on boards like this at NL $100/200.

The key is whether this is the first time OP has raised at the table. If so, I agree that he is in trouble. If he has been raising and giving up when he misses flops then I still think he is ahead enough of the time to make a call. If you fold 100% of time here, you will lower your variance, but I suspect you are missing some long-term value also.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this typical of someone who is usually passive post-flop. Someone who is aggro is more likely to slow down with a monster, no? I admit it has been a while since I played this level, but I have seen aggros push worse hands on boards like this at NL $100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 100 and 200NL, players push worse hands on these flops for action and image purposes not because they are donks (most of em anyways).

They know that if they only push with nuts, and nothing but nuts, then they will rarely/never get paid off.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:06 PM

This was not my first pre-flop raise, maybe my first EP raise, but I have not shown much if anything down. Neither has he.

After thinking for a bit, I decided that the way this played out, with this flop, and him being so aggressive that I was ahead a good portion of the time. 2-pair was out of the question, I really don't think a set wants to push me out. Everything else I crush. So I called.

Villain showed KK and MHIG. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] CO had 66, not that it mattered. I don't think it is clear cut either way but calling felt right here.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:13 PM

I was in the same situation twice yesterday, both times it was someone with a lower PP... and I made quite a bit of scratch yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM

not sure... could be a set even, or just AQ.. thats too much for me to call on a hunch though.
what was your table image?