Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Best airport for Bike/Commerce?

[ QUOTE ]
If it makes any difference, I will have no luggage and be driving on a Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then fly into LAX and hop on the 105 east to the 710 north. Traffic won't be a problem, and if you have no luggage, LAX is fine.

- T
Old 04-22-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it makes any difference, I will have no luggage and be driving on a Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then fly into LAX and hop on the 105 east to the 710 north. Traffic won't be a problem, and if you have no luggage, LAX is fine.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

Without luggage, still use the regional airports. At LAX, its about a 1/2 mile walk from the gate to sidewalk. At that point, you then have to wait for an rental car shuttle, if you are flying Southwest, it terminal 1, so enjoy your ride around the whole horseshoe.

Then you arrive at the office which may have a longer line that the regionals.

At burbank and John Wayne, its a very short walk from the gate to the rental car counter. From the counter is another short walk to the cars and out you are. Easily 1/2 hour saved right there.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't forgte to add travelling after 3:30 PM. The stretch of 5 fwy from the 134 to the 110 is brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're in the mood to drive instead of sit, you can hop on the 134 east to the 2 south which dumps out at the 110, and bypass that whole mess.

If the 5's still ****ed, you can take the 110 south toward downtown and take the 5 south exit that's a bit past stadium way - it'll actually allow you to hop on the 10 east from there (even though there's no sign indicating that), and then you can take that to the 710 and bypass the whole east LA interchange.

LA traffic is super! *ugh*

I do agree with the others that have said it's almost ALWAYS faster when traveling the 5 south to hop on the 10 east to the 710 south, rather than staying on the 5. It's an extra 3 miles but it saves 10 minutes easy if traffic is even remotely slow.

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony,

The 2 S doesn't connect to the 110. It dumps out onto the streets about a mile or so north of the 101 in Echo park. If yu use the connector from the 2s to the 134/5 e you will hit a bunch of traffic during rush hour. I can never remember the numbers of all those interchanges right around there. 134/170/101. They all seem to jumble up.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

Without luggage, still use the regional airports. At LAX, its about a 1/2 mile walk from the gate to sidewalk. At that point, you then have to wait for an rental car shuttle, if you are flying Southwest, it terminal 1, so enjoy your ride around the whole horseshoe.

Then you arrive at the office which may have a longer line that the regionals.

At burbank and John Wayne, its a very short walk from the gate to the rental car counter. From the counter is another short walk to the cars and out you are. Easily 1/2 hour saved right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord.. it's not that bad! You make LAX sound like the seventh circle of hell. It can have its days, but it's not horrible.

Distance wise - LAX and Burbank are nearly the same driving distance, so fly into whichever one has the cheaper fare and rental car.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony,

The 2 S doesn't connect to the 110.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does via the 5S (which you're on for all of a mile)... 2S to the 5S to the 110S. Sorry I wasn't more clear. It's not pretty but it will get you by most of that 5S bottleneck between the 134 and the 110.

- T